The Sewing Place

The 2020 Coverlet project is on its way .....

Iminei

Re: The 2019 Coverlet project is on its way .....
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2019, 10:37:18 AM »
The majority of the blocks are 5" unfinished ... sooooo Im not after super big scraps.

Thx Wrenkies xxx
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Iminei

« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2019, 16:45:39 PM »
Well after posing the question here and talking to an old friend about it, I decided to wade on in and sew the first three rows together.

I'm glad I did as, as many of the blocks were similar I had a problem identifying which blocks went where.

I've decided to sew as I go with this much like the temperature quilt, (of which I seem to be one of the only people participating!)

More pics here

BrendaP

« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2019, 17:10:59 PM »

Im sewing strictly from stash, (anybodies stash !!!! Do please pitch in if you have anything you think would help ... At the moment the barley coloured silk dupion is on the way out, any scraps of coloured silks out there?)

I've just been going through my stash of silk - and have sorted out enough bits to cut out this and there are quite a few bits left, mostly darker purples and pinks.  Some of it dates back to the David Evans closing down sale sometime in the 1980s IIRC :o   Plains and prints, I'll have another sort through and send you some scraps.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 22:28:23 PM by BrendaP »
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Sandra

« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2019, 17:25:17 PM »
Expect a little fabric bundle to arrive in the next day or two. I sorted out some of my old silk scraps and have sent a selection of colours which look as if they might be suitable.  :)

Sandra.
xxx

Iminei

« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2019, 17:44:48 PM »
Awww Ladies. Ladies thank you , thank you, thank you xxxx

Lowena

« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2019, 18:56:05 PM »
@Iminei the temperature quilt is a year long project
Don't expect to see many of them until the end of the year....I'll post on correct thread
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Greybird

« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2019, 22:22:51 PM »
@Iminei I have some odd bits of a pale silvery gray dupion if they are of any use to you? If so, let me know where to send them.

Iminei

« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2019, 18:59:14 PM »
Block 16

5" unfinished
Quantity 2

Fabrics used Craft cotton, Oakshott, donated yellow silk type stash, White on white.

As more beautiful donated stash arrives my blocks are getting more in keeping with the original

Iminei

« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2019, 19:02:04 PM »
Block 17

5" unfinished
Quantity 2

Fabrics used Silk Dupion, Craft Cotton, Someone elses stash stripe, and finally a perfect blue stripe (silk) ... again donated stash (you know who you are, but probably dont realise how my heart sang when I saw that fabric!)

These blocks took an age as I have to piece the background before appliqueing twice and then stitching round but its steady work and the results are worth it ..

All pics in the album
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 19:05:06 PM by Iminei »

Iminei

« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2019, 13:27:17 PM »

Finally added the ribbon to finish these blocks.

Lowena

« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2019, 13:28:34 PM »
They look good... sometimes I see the vases first and sometimes the birds  -<

Iminei

« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2019, 13:35:26 PM »
...and when do you see the bells ?????

Lowena

« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2019, 13:56:26 PM »
I see them as vases, @Iminei  not bells..... even after you mentioned it  :| There's no clapper ( ooer missus, yer clapper's missing )

Pearl

« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2019, 14:52:07 PM »
I can see the birds and the bells.  No vases, though.  They'd topple over.

Iminei

« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2019, 12:18:14 PM »
I am such a lucky lucky girl to have such kind and thoughtful friends on here!

It started early this year with a parcel from Brenda containing striped shirting then over the past week the postie has been regularly knocking on my door bringing me bundles of preloved loveliness for this project ...

Im now silked up to the skies and beyond and only hope that these gorgeous new fabrics wont make subsequent blocks too different from the ones already made ... luckily I had used some silks within them but not the glorious stripes and  silks I now have in my hot lil hands ...

Step up and take a bow please @BrendaP @Sandra @Greybird @wrenkins @Puzzler

If I have missed anyone, please let me know as I have lost track of all the generous donations, but thank you, thank you, thank you  :loveit:

It makes the quilt in progress all the more special for me to make and you lot can play Spot My Stash! through the blocks