« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2019, 13:16:17 PM »
Monkey wrench in hand luggage.
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Iminei

Re: Errrrmmmm Lil Help?
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2019, 14:55:25 PM »
I suggested that!!!

Imself anticipate problems getting through security ...

Unless it was a plastic one ... you can get things 3D printed these days you know!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Lowena

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2019, 18:54:28 PM »
@Iminei  where are you intending going ... on your own????
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Iminei

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2019, 19:02:16 PM »
Anywhere that will have me!!!

Any offers???

Sakar

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2019, 19:30:45 PM »
Thanks Girls, so the consensus seems to be that Ive bought the correct part but am a total Wimp!    0_0

The second part of my appeal is, as I've not got one of these thingmys and never used one before, does anyone have a pattern/design/method for making this whatchamacallit????? Should I be able to open it !!!

(could be a good opening for meeting beefy young hunks at the airport ...'Oh please could you help me with my ....'    ;) )

I do have a thingy the strap goes through, @Sakar can explain what it is.

Sorry @Iminei , but sometimes I have REALLY troubles to understand you

What is a WIMP?
What's a thingmys?
What's a whatchamacallit?
What's a beefy young hunks??

Even google translate doesn't offer anything, which makes sense to me

Does this youtube video help? Side release buckle
It shows, how to sew them and how to open them

« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 19:35:28 PM by Sakar »

toileandtrouble

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2019, 06:30:06 AM »
WIMP  someone who gives up because something is "too difficult"
Next two, a thing I don't know the name of.  (also  'wotsit')
Strong handsoome young man ( this would give an excuse to talk to him!)

Iminei

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2019, 09:28:36 AM »
Thank you TnT,

but in this case the use of Wimp means someone who hasnt got any strength in their hands because they suffered from Psoriatic Arthritis in their 30's! I did try !

toileandtrouble

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2019, 09:36:45 AM »
So that's the wrong word.  Must be difficult for you to keep on sewing.  Not a wimp then, a brave warrior! 
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 09:57:49 AM by toileandtrouble »

Iminei

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2019, 14:32:55 PM »
No I can sew fine TnT and thanks for caring, it affects anything that needs a strong grip ...

Jars regularly defeat me, its pathetic ... however theres nothing like a Marigold to solve that problem!

wrenkins

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2019, 07:17:14 AM »

Jars regularly defeat me, its pathetic ... however theres nothing like a Marigold to solve that problem!

My mum coulld have wrung your neck back in the day but nowadays her hands just aren't able. She told me she can't have what she wants for dinner, she has to go with what she can open!  0_0  0_0  0_0
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Iminei

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2019, 09:18:54 AM »
Having just written that (that there down below) my newly bought (and shockingly expensive) jar of capers completely defeated both me and my marigold!!!

I had to hang around outside my house in the cold waiting for my lovely neighbour Luke to come home from picking Wren up from school and ask him to open it!!!!

Oh the shame ... :\

Celia

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2019, 09:27:33 AM »
I have a similar problem with my marmalade jar, I end up stabbing it with my old carving fork to relieve the pressure and can then managed if my son is home just ask him :loveit:

toileandtrouble

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2019, 09:55:01 AM »
if it's a metal lid, I pour some very hot water on it, then dry and twist it off while it is still  expanded

Ragtimedoll

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2019, 09:58:42 AM »
@Iminei.. sorry to hear of your problems here is a tip.

Turn the jar upside down then tap(similar pressure applied when clapping your hands) the bottom of the jar then turn the jar right way up and then turn lid always works for me. :)
Let us know how you get on

ClareInStitches

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2019, 15:32:57 PM »
You will think that I'm mad, but many years ago I bought an electric jar opener similar to this one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/One-Touch-KC04-Automatic-Opener/dp/B001EUZGXG/ref=pd_cp_201_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B001EUZGXG&pd_rd_r=4c261d76-1fec-11e9-bc01-5d84e75cd9b8&pd_rd_w=hyFqI&pd_rd_wg=SC3Er&pf_rd_p=0ca7ef78-a9c4-4935-a8ff-59221f1ded3e&pf_rd_r=BABB3TQ11WTM1J4ZGXBP&psc=1&refRID=BABB3TQ11WTM1J4ZGXBP

I most definitely did Not pay £27. for it!   :)  It makes one heck of a racket, works like a wonder and it's my favourite kitchen gadget. My DSiL heard it in action just the once and jumped back in horror! But it works. So if you ever see one going cheap, do consider giving it a try.