The Sewing Place

Raincoat Pattern

Gernella

Raincoat Pattern
« on: January 18, 2019, 12:13:02 PM »
I've had an unveiling today, first time I wore my Millerain Tostii, and in the light of a frosty morning, my bright red went down a storm. 

The idea was to use the extra fabric I bought while it was cheap, for a raincoat.  I've seen this:

https://thesewingrecipe.com/en/product/trufflecoat_en/

Not keen on the hood but it does have a zip front.  Has anyone done this, seen reviews, or seen an alternative.

It's a case of eyes looking at the horizon even though I am a long way of making.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Gernella

Re: Raincoat Pattern
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 13:09:49 PM »
I remember looking at the Kelly @Francesca, when I was looking before, but I also wasn't keen on having to pay extra for a lining, plus I wasn't that keen on the collar piece or hood, I like options, which the Tosti gave a lot. I want one that will give the option of longer length, zip front even if not full length, and a bit of shape without cord ties (my waist looks even bigger restrained).  Mind you, I've found more detail on the Truffle and there is an option for a normal collar so  unless I see something more tasty I think I may go with this one.

The designer hasn't given me the actual length but says pictures based on half leg and 5ft 9 in height so I should be okay.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 13:16:05 PM by Gernella »
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Acorn

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 13:50:53 PM »

I think @Acorn made a raincoat out of this Lekala pattern?

Not me - I made a wool coat out of this Lekala pattern (with buttons and no belt - it came out pretty much like a duffle coat - which would probably lend itself quite well to being a raincoat.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Manuela

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 14:48:45 PM »
How about Vogue 1564?

sewmuchmore

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 15:58:45 PM »
Oooh it was definitely someone. It was a red one. Hmm...

Are you thinking of me? I made a red raincoat from the same waxed cotton as @Gernella. I combined the Grainline duffel with this
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

wrenkins

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 06:18:51 AM »
If it's the red one I'm thinking about it was made by @sewmuchmore
 here.
I was so impressed that I made a note.  :|
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Gernella

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2019, 10:31:02 AM »
How about Vogue 1564?

Unfortunately tied in the middle is the death for me, I would look like a sack of potatoes.  Best for me to hide the waist not emphasize it.  I like to Truffle coat apart from the line drawing doesn't show that much shaping.  Although it would hide a multitude of sins.  I do have an old McCalls and made the short version without ties, but not sure how I could translate to a zip fastening.  Also the Millerain fabric has a more utilitarian feel to it and more suitable to zip/stud fastenings.

Efemera

sewmuchmore

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2019, 17:38:31 PM »
Aw much!!!!!!!
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Efemera

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2019, 22:28:41 PM »
I know... but I quite like it.