The Sewing Place

TextileCentre - how do you buy half metres?

sewingj

TextileCentre - how do you buy half metres?
« on: January 18, 2019, 13:02:29 PM »
Textile Centre say they are happy to supply half metres and to order you should just put in the next whole number but, unless they are telepathic, how will they know to supply and charge you for the smaller amount?  Am I being thick?

"Price is for 1 metre (after one metre, fabric comes in one continuous length)"

"Please note that we are happy to sell half metres, as long as the minimum length is 1 metre (we will not sell less than 1 metre).

To do this, please order the next metre above what you want (e.g. order 2 metres if you want 1.5 metres) - this ensures that we still have quantity remaining that we can re-list when a listing has run its course. " 

Starryfish

Re: TextileCentre - how do you buy half metres?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 13:08:16 PM »
Going down the screen,the next line reads:
Remember to send us a message stating the amount you want, and we will refund you accordingly.

I suppose that means you go to the Contact Us page, and tell them what you just ordered and what quantity you want.
A day without sewing is a day wasted.

sewingj

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 13:16:01 PM »

Starryfish

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 13:24:47 PM »
I saw it on this page:

https://www.thetextilecentre.co.uk/collections/jersey/products/gothic-rose-print-ice-velvet-scuba-type-jersey-dress-fabric-material-wine?variant=19059927220278

and several other pages, I can only imagine it got left off the page you were interested in !
A day without sewing is a day wasted.

sewingj

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 13:26:54 PM »
Typical!   Thanks anyway

sewingj

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2019, 14:52:08 PM »
I didn`t realise they were also on Ebay.  Their main website has 25% off everything for January but the postage is more - I`m going to need a calculator to work out which is cheaper!

sewmuchmore

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2019, 15:41:00 PM »
I have always found the website cheaper and they are pretty quick at sending you a refund for the fabric you don't want.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet