The Sewing Place

The fun has started

Ellabella

The fun has started
« on: January 19, 2019, 15:44:01 PM »
I tried to post pics yesterday of my redecorated sewing room in its empty glory but everything crashed so today I hope I can do things better as I now have some furniture.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

I am determined that this time I am going to organise things properly.  I knew I wanted a good sized work station and a bit of browsing on FB Marketplace and Gumtree produced two desks. Next week I get the last of my furniture back, so a couple of bookcases and a small chest of drawers will be installed.

Hope I can start some actual sewing soon 0_0

Efemera

Re: The fun has started
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 16:59:54 PM »
Will that be that last time we see the floor? :thread: :sew: :fabric: :wool: :pattern:

Iminei

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 10:24:33 AM »
Now now Effie, dont be mean ( it would if it was my sewing room)
That is soooooo exciting and with a new, mint in box Janome too!!!

Please post pics of it fully kitted out too, Im so pleased that things have sorted themselves out for you Ella, and relatively quickly too*, your Insurance company must be very good ...

* There was a house in my town that had a fire, it didnt look too serious from the outside, the front door and one window was boarded up and there was smoke damage on the exterior of the house, but it took years before the damage was repaired
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Ellabella

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 11:08:55 AM »
This was DHs contribution to the fitting out  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

He has earned serious brownie points. The machine has been dropped down to table level and with a lovely space to the left and right I’m looking forward to some serious sewing,once I’ve made several pairs of curtains.

toileandtrouble

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2019, 15:13:57 PM »
Ooh, am I jealous!  That's perfect.  I have an attic room but full of the old furniture and power points fairly inaccessible.  Can't change it, I'm afraid, so I shall enjoy your room vicariously. 
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Iminei

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2019, 12:44:48 PM »

This was DHs contribution to the fitting out

WHAT ???!!! :angry: He unboxed your new toy??? That is NOT on!!!

OOohhh! You mean he made the 'ole for it to sit in, that ok then? All is forgiven   :angel:

How does one go about making an 'ole for your beloved to sit in??? Would it work in a dining room table, say?

So ermmm Ella, Will you be in on this years PL thing??? :[
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 12:46:40 PM by Iminei »

Ellabella

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2019, 22:44:03 PM »
Well @Iminei I think it would be perfectly acceptable to fit a sewing machine into a dining table. 

Count me in for PL.. :D

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2019, 16:01:02 PM »

This was DHs contribution to the fitting out

WHAT ???!!! :angry: He unboxed your new toy??? That is NOT on!!!

OOohhh! You mean he made the 'ole for it to sit in, that ok then? All is forgiven   :angel:

How does one go about making an 'ole for your beloved to sit in??? Would it work in a dining room table, say?

So ermmm Ella, Will you be in on this years PL thing??? :[

Haha that’s exactly what I thought @Iminei
I would love to have some sockets at that level.  I have to grovel under my worktop. But I don’t like to grumble as I love my sewing room as it’s nice and light and sunny and realise I am lucky to have one. 

Iminei

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2019, 10:34:20 AM »
I love my sewing room as it’s nice and light and sunny and realise I am lucky to have one.

and you're not too far away ...... how about hosting a sewing day ????  :devil:

So Chic

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2019, 16:07:57 PM »
Ellabella, you are so lucky to have a sewing room.  I sew in the dining room which means unpacking and repacking everything after every sewing session.  Mr. SC is not happy about my suggestion of using the spare bedroom as a sewing room.

Me too :( and if its too late ie 3pm, I just dont bother getting everything unpacked and ready to have to repack it away into the corner a couple of hours later! Imi

(sorry for hijacking your post xxx)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 10:16:45 AM by Iminei »
So Chic
Bernina Artista 630, Bernina 800DL, Janome Cover Pro 1000CP and an elderly Singer Touch & Sew 720G as a back up

So Chic

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2019, 10:31:20 AM »
Francesca,
Thanks for the suggestion and I will try to talk himself round to this way of thinking.
So Chic
Bernina Artista 630, Bernina 800DL, Janome Cover Pro 1000CP and an elderly Singer Touch & Sew 720G as a back up

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2019, 14:11:30 PM »
I love my sewing room as it’s nice and light and sunny and realise I am lucky to have one.

and you're not too far away ...... how about hosting a sewing day ????  :devil:

Hahaha.  Only just picked this up @Iminei.  No I’m not too far away!  I wouldn’t get many folks in my room as there is a big cutting table taking up most of the room and several machines on the workbench.  We won’t talk about the mess that’s lying around.  :o

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2019, 14:20:14 PM »
@So Chic 
I hate the idea of having a guest room just for the rare occasion guests arrive, and not allowing yourself to enjoy your hobby instead in your own house!

I’m with you there Fran.  Seems such a waste.  I’m lucky I still have a spare room as well.....which is used about twice a year if my mum stays over or when stepson and wife come to us.
My mum was always complaining about her bungalow because she couldn’t offer a nice room to my uncle and aunt when they stayed.....a couple of times a year.  :[ The rest of the time it was her craft room with a knitting machine, motor, ribber etc  so took up a huge amount of space.  Now she is in a one bed retirement flat and we have still managed to get the knitting machine in the bedroom.

Gernella

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2019, 18:44:05 PM »
Love those power points, in the right place, mine are near the skirting board along with a six gang extension. You can't see them though too much other stuff underneath.  That empty floor is just crying out for something to cover it up.  Or are you going to be really good and show us all up, well nearly all of us.  I shall try not to be too envious.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Ellabella

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2019, 13:49:28 PM »
All set up and ready to go 0_0

Still some floor visible @Acorn