The Sewing Place

Goldhawk Road

Samantha

Re: Goldhawk Road
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2017, 16:14:25 PM »
There was quite a queue for the logo store on Saturday afternoon so might want to get there early.

yeah we had to queue up for 45 minutes to get in on New Years Eve  :angry: I wouldn't have done it but the girls were desperate to spend their Christmas money there and I couldn't face the tantrum and sulks if we didn't go as we'd been promising.

Mama likes to make

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2017, 20:13:24 PM »
Thank you all so much for the help. I had a ball even with the complaining DS at the end!! I got some lovely fabrics for skirts and tops and even treated myself to an "outfit" of gorgeous fabric (a wonderful golden colured something for the top half with a khaki coloured embroidered silk for the bottom.
2018 fabric used 12m.
2018 wardrobe items completed 6.

UttaRetch

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2017, 08:28:29 AM »
You lucked out with the weather.  Hope you are going to post some piccies of your haul and tell us what you decided to take your son to see.

Mama likes to make

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2017, 23:36:17 PM »
I will when I have a chance to unpack tomorrow. Thank you all so much for the help. I think classic textiles was my favourite too. They were all so nice in there. I really loved it.

We had a brilliant trip. DS1 loved it and I really enjoyed spending one on one time with him.

Friday we arrived and dropped off our suitcase at the hotel. We headed to the London Eye (I had pre booked this with the kellogg's grown ups go free offer), then onto the transport museum which was a massive hit. We headed for the lego shop and I have never seen him so full of amazement (the queue wasn't too bad either) we pottered in a few other shops and then had our dinner and headed to the hotel.

Saturday we headed to Goldhawk road first. We then went onto the science museum which was a big hit too. We dropped the fabric back to the hotel and did Hamleys (a bit disappointed with this found all the staff selling "special" offers at ever turn very very pushy and the toys were so overpriced event things like lego were heavily marked up) and a few other shops in the area. Drooled in Liberty for a bit too. The hotel menu had a picture of a big ice cream sundae so he wanted his dinner there so we headed back.

Today we headed to the aquarium first thing (again on the Kellogs adults go free offer) and then he really wanted to go back to the transport museum so we did that again and pottered around Covent Garden. After lunch we sat outside the Tower of London enjoying the stunning weather before leaving for the airport.
2018 fabric used 12m.

UttaRetch

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2017, 09:01:11 AM »
Glad you and your son enjoyed your trip to London and I look forward to seeing your haul. 

I had forgotten about the Transport museum and it's certainly worth a visit for anyone at all interested in the history of transport in London.

Mama likes to make

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2017, 20:07:49 PM »
The first picture is the denims. A lovely black stretch, a dark purple and a winter green that I bought to use the reverse side which a khaki colour.

Then there's the embroidered fabric with the I have no idea what to call it gold one for the top half.

Lastly there is a gorgeous pale purple mock suede, the green jersey with the little gold dots and a chiffon fabric that I just loved the colour of.

I also bought a meter of one of the liberty Alice in Wonderland fabric that was silly expensive but I will use as an accent on a few things for DD so it will go a long way. Oh and some buttons in liberty too.
2018 fabric used 12m.

Mama likes to make

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2017, 20:08:43 PM »
2018 fabric used 12m.

Mama likes to make

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2017, 20:10:50 PM »
A treat for me
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 20:28:46 PM by Mama likes to make »
2018 fabric used 12m.

Mama likes to make

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2017, 20:11:23 PM »
Mock suede
2018 fabric used 12m.

Mama likes to make

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2017, 20:14:57 PM »
Trying again
2018 fabric used 12m.

UttaRetch

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2017, 20:21:30 PM »
That's a nice haul. 

I am off to the Brum meet tomorrow.  I fully intend not to add to the stash that is not being sewn, but well maybe ...  :D

Mama likes to make

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2017, 21:10:30 PM »
Enjoy!
2018 fabric used 12m.

Pinkstar

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2017, 21:30:25 PM »
Nice haul!  The purple with small dots is my favourite.