The Sewing Place

New Scissors

Gernella

New Scissors
« on: January 22, 2019, 11:08:16 AM »
I've been threatening for a bit then made my mind up and bought some following a review.  But they came from the USA and would not arrive while around the 7th February and I wanted them for the first project of 2019.  So I bought these in the meantime.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07FYBKWZW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

When I opened the box they seemed a bit heavy, which put me off, but I tried them yesterday afternoon, never even noticed the weight, they are so flipping sharp after the old ones.  I am well impressed, especially considering the price.  I've had one set when buying a sewing machine and even brand new they were never as good as these.  The ones that are coming are Ginghers, which also have good reviews. 

I did ask my sister for some for Christmas, not seen her yet, so I just might have another lot coming.  My cup runneth over <3   
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Iminei

Re: New Scissors
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 11:40:57 AM »
Amazing what a new blade can do! I changed the one in my RC and suddenly I was cutting through butter ... sheer bliss!

Enjoy and do let us know how many pairs you end up with!!!!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

BrendaP

Re: New Scissors
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 11:54:42 AM »
The description says Sharp & Precise: ideal for all kinds of demanding cutting tasks at home. For effortless cutting of leather, fabrics, packaging material, plastic bags, thin and soft material which surely is abuse of dressmaking scissors, but at that price...........
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.