The Sewing Place

Fantastic Ribbons

Acorn

Fantastic Ribbons
« on: January 23, 2019, 13:58:15 PM »
They are... well... fantastic!

They sent me an email a few days ago offering 76 cards of fabric covered buttons for £20 - usual price £227.

Oh - and I placed the order on the afternoon of Jan 21st and received it today - Jan 23rd.  Postage was free because it was over £20, but I opted to pay an extra 90p to have them sent 1st class.

They are absolutely beautiful.  They look good on the website, but they are even nicer in reality.  I am going through my clothes in my head thinking about which ones would look good with new buttons.  It's just a shame I hate sewing buttons on, but I think I can cope!

This is not an unusual offer from Fantastic Ribbons, and everything I have ever had from them has been beautiful.

PS, the code was fab19, just in case they have any left.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 14:17:02 PM by Acorn »
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Ellabella

Re: Fantastic Ribbons
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 15:01:32 PM »
I’ve just tried this and I have got to the stage of entering my card details without the option to use a voucher,so I m not risking going any further.

Perhaps it’s a good job as I really don’t need these but they look fantastic.

Acorn

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 15:08:46 PM »
You get the option when you first look at your basket before checking out.

Click where it says 'Use Coupon Code' and a box will appear.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

KayK

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 16:32:04 PM »
I have used Fantastic ribbons a lot in the past when I was making rosettes as a sideline.......their 25mm satin ribbon was far better than anyone else's and pleated beautifully.   I dont make them anymore (apart from a few specials) as there was no money in it - and it was the very devil to get people to pay up as well!  Brilliant company!
I have learnt by my mistakes: Sewing machines now are Bernina 720, Bernina 1008, Bernina 801 from 1981, Brother overlocker, ancient but works well

Tamnymore

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 17:20:16 PM »
I've just tried and the code still works. If I didn't have sure. huge stash of buttons already I would go for it. Looks like a fantastic bargain!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Ellabella

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 19:56:07 PM »
Well I tried again but nowhere could I find the screen show in Acorn’s photo so I gave up.

I then got an email from Fantastic ribbons encouraging me to use the code.

I then realised I had bought them at full price :S

One grovelling email followed and then a phone call from the wonderful Keith  who assured me they would be refunding me £207.00 within minutes and I will be getting my buttons.

When you get service like this it maintains your faith in human nature and also means I can sleep tonight.

Acorn

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 20:18:48 PM »
They're going to look lovely in your new sewing room.   :D

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2019, 20:49:47 PM »
They're going to look lovely in your new sewing room.   :D

0_0

Perhaps a little cork board she can pin them to. Then rearrange them in different little pretty patterns.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

SkoutSews

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2019, 20:55:33 PM »
Thanks @Acorn, my button hoard is about to quadruple! I'm looking forward to receiving them.

Ellabella

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2019, 00:24:15 AM »
I’ve a feeling that for my next project, I will be looking for fabrics to match my buttons.

Acorn

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2019, 09:19:29 AM »
Me too!