The Sewing Place

Fabric Dies

Acorn

Fabric Dies
« on: January 23, 2019, 14:10:56 PM »
I had the Sizzix Big Shot Plus for Christmas, and it in inspiring me to get back into English Paper Piecing (which I can do sitting in front of the TV in the evenings).

However, I am finding that there are not enough dies to satisfy me!!  Ideally I would like to be able to get dies that are the same but roughly 1/2 inch different in size so that I can cut out both the fabric and the papers using the machine, but I've only been able to do this with hexagons.  (Diamonds... I want diamonds!!)

So, other Sizzix users ( @Lowena ) are there other dies that will work with the Big Shot Plus, and if there are, where can I find them?
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Efemera

Re: Fabric Dies
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 14:20:07 PM »
I have this one.. cuts the paper and cuts the fabric slightly bigger...you can make lots of combinations

Efemera

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 14:24:40 PM »
Example

Acorn

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 14:38:56 PM »
That's brilliant (and I love your socks!)

So are there two dies in the pack?  The Amazon listing doesn't say so.  And how do you know which dies will do that?

Efemera

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 17:34:54 PM »
There’s only one die...the pieces are separate but the  star rose shows how they can be put together
These are the pieces it cuts.. same shapes in two sizes

Acorn

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 17:41:19 PM »
That's really good.  That's going on my wish list even if it doesn't have diamonds!

I have found this one which says it is suitable for Sizzix machines, but it doesn't seem to be intended for fabric.

Efemera

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 17:46:59 PM »
They’re only thin dies...you really need the thick steel rule ones. Sizzix do a lot of patchwork ones but I think the star rose is the only one with both bits for paper piecing.. though I may be wrong