Re: Just joined
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2019, 18:53:20 PM »
Hello Aprilla, a big welcome from me too although I'm not sewing at the moment

BrendaP

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2019, 19:12:13 PM »
Welcome to TSP.
:fabric: :snip: :sew: :frock:
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2019, 19:56:33 PM »
ceud mìle fàilte to TSP!  :toast:  Rest assured you are not the only one with a selection of "what was I thinking?" fabric bought in a frenzy of excitement and possibility. No, there are more than a few of us

You'll get all the assistance and input you could ever want from the kind folk here at TSP. Just ask away; I'm sure there will be a useful answer or two every time.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

aprilla

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2019, 11:11:26 AM »
Such a nice welcome here thank you all :)

I had a great day yesterday meandering through the posts here, getting used to the 'geography' (it's huge, but feels so friendly - yet honest which is so important) and giving my machine a good clean and oil. Then I went through all the bits and pieces I've gathered (patterns, feet, zips etc) getting familiar with them again and opened ONE fabric bin. Luck was with me for on top was a piece of jersey fabric left from a top which was relatively successful, so I set to making a little skirt to go with. It felt good to be back at it but I got as far as the elastic waist to discover I didn't have enough elastic to go around me (!!!) which was a bit disappointing on many levels LOL

A good start made I think :)

aprilla

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2019, 11:18:45 AM »
I have no idea how/why I posted a dog emoji in my last post??  :S

There must be a connection, I am very much a doggy person  :woof:  :woof:
I thought to say a cat might have been a mistake but that's not true, we are very pet friendly  :meow:  :fish:

I meant to ask yesterday .... Are you lucky enough to have fabric near to you?

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2019, 13:53:27 PM »
The nearest large fabric shop is vibes and scribes in Cork city, about 90 mins away. It’s a great shop with a wide range of craft supplies and they have a good website too. I only go into Cork city occasionally as it’s a bit of a trek and I do all the driving. Hickey’s in Cork used to have a fairly decent range but it closed down last summer.  :(

Online, I also like lovefabric.ie for their range of fabrics.

We’ve got a large mixed breed dog, 2 cats and 4 chickens but I’m definitely more of a cat person.  :meow: