Janet

Efemera

Re: Style Arc 25% of dress paterns
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 17:27:22 PM »
Been and shopped

Starryfish

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019, 17:28:42 PM »
Went and bought Kellie, thank you. I wanted it anyway for a top.
A day without sewing is a day wasted.

Helen M

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 19:45:37 PM »
I've made the Kellie dress twice, one worn for a wedding, very comfortable to wear.

A tip, it's quite close fitting so if your fabric has just a little stretch it's worth adding a little extra seam allowance. The 2nd one I made had more stretch and I ended up taking the side seams in.

Also if the fabric has a pattern take care in placing the front as the neckline ends up being at about 2 o'clock to the skirt or lower part. You'll see what I mean when you put the PDF together. I'd say cutting it out was the most complicated part! The top is also self lined so you may need a plain knit if the fabric has a light background and print can be seen (that happened with the one I wore for a wedding.

Think I'll get the Iris dress, been looking at it for a while when there have been offers.

Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  3.0 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 72

maliw

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2019, 20:13:15 PM »
I'm going to be good :(
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

mudcat

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2019, 23:32:36 PM »
I was not good.  I bought five dresses of which at least two can also be used to make tunics which is my current wardrobe need.

The five dresses:
Venice Knit
Iris Woven
Eme
Sia Knit
Alissa Knit

I got the Mavis Knit Tunic as the freebie even though I don't much care for it I liked it better than the other one.  I often find the freebies aren't patterns I would normally buy.  Who knows though, I've been cold a lot lately so maybe it could be useful.

maliw

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2019, 09:20:24 AM »
I wonder if Fairy succumbed - she's probably got most of them!!!!!!! ;)
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

DementedFairy

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2019, 09:40:41 AM »
*fingers in ears*  not looking not looking la la la la

I genuinely do have enough Style Arc that are still not made up...and other brands too.  This year will be the 'make everything or get rid of the pattern' year
C'est moi!

Celia

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2019, 14:12:14 PM »
*fingers in ears*  not looking not looking la la la la

I genuinely do have enough Style Arc that are still not made up...and other brands too.  This year will be the 'make everything or get rid of the pattern' year

Me too I am NOT going to look :devil:

Tamnymore

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2019, 15:16:48 PM »
I got some Style Arc patterns in their last sale and there isn't anything new since then so it's relatively easy to resist temptation ...... this time round.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

sewmuchmore

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2019, 17:15:38 PM »

Me too, trouble is no one else wants them (in the for sale section). Plus I am going to adopt Sandra Betzina's philosophy and if I have fabric more than 3 years old I am never going to use it so of it goes to the charity shop.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

DementedFairy

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2019, 17:17:40 PM »
Me too, trouble is no one else wants them (in the for sale section). Plus I am going to adopt Sandra Betzina's philosophy and if I have fabric more than 3 years old I am never going to use it so of it goes to the charity shop.

THREE YEARS IS NOTHING!
C'est moi!

sewmuchmore

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2019, 17:25:06 PM »
@DementedFairy actually as soon as I pressed post I realized that the skirt I am making at the moment is fabric I bought when I had to be suited and booted so it must be over 10 years old. So the charity shop will have to wait.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet