The Sewing Place

Bonjour!

blackcat001

Bonjour!
« on: January 26, 2019, 07:20:42 AM »
Hi!

A newbie returner here. I was a memmber of the old forum, but not a prolific poster. I used to live in the UK (East Anglia) but have moved to France (North West, border of Mayenne/Orne). Feeling settled enough, now, that I can get back into sewing and crochet.

I have located some fabric shops - I have three decent ones within an hour and three-quarters from me.

My first project here was curtains for my little holiday cottage. My next household project is curtains for my own house. I've been busy doing a spot of crochet too - just finished a cowl yesterday. I even managed to teach a friend some basic crochet! That's between going to French lessons and finding my feet here.

Cordialement!

Lachica

Re: Bonjour!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 07:42:05 AM »
Welcome! That's s lovely part of France.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Nevis5

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2019, 07:51:08 AM »
Hello @blackcat001  and welcome!   :toast: 

Stitches

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2019, 07:57:35 AM »
Welcome  :drink:

blackcat001

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2019, 08:07:39 AM »
Thanks, all, for the welcome. Much appreciated.

I am loving my new life in France. Where I am is rural and quiet, on the outskirts of a village in an old stone farmhouse. My cats adore it. Brought my two UK cats with me and a little French princesse has joined us too.

Since moving, I have taken up regular French lessons and have joined a local French choir and a local community social club. My French friends and neighbours are wonderful. I have found that, certainly where I am, the French people are welcoming, friendly and helpful. I managed to have a sense of "I am where I am supposed to be" within a week of moving into what is now my home.

Cordialement

Pearl

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2019, 08:31:57 AM »
Bienvenue à TSP, @blackcat001 .   :drink:

I'm glad that you are enjoying your new life in France.  We lived in France when our children were younger but never really settled, although, like you, we found our neighbours very welcoming. 

I hope that you will enjoy being part of our merry gang here and look forward to seeing your makes. 

Greybird

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2019, 09:50:40 AM »
Hello and welcome!

fajita

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2019, 10:01:41 AM »
Welcome @blackcat001  :flower: :drink:

Kenora

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2019, 15:00:18 PM »
Welcome from me too - nice to meet you. :) :flower:
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Sewingsue

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2019, 16:06:27 PM »
Welcome, Blackcat.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Surest1tch

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2019, 19:06:53 PM »
Welcome from me too  :D

Sizun

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2019, 17:38:05 PM »
Bienvenue ! I'm so glad you found a welcoming community where you settled. I'm French so if you need any help with sewing vocabulary just PM me. I'm not sewing much right now as we're preparing to move to a different region, but I'd be delighted to help.

blackcat001

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2019, 18:36:13 PM »
Bienvenue ! I'm so glad you found a welcoming community where you settled. I'm French so if you need any help with sewing vocabulary just PM me. I'm not sewing much right now as we're preparing to move to a different region, but I'd be delighted to help.

Merci! C'est très gentil! (don't know if I've got that entirely correct - still learning!)