The Sewing Place

Hello from S. Glos UK

Roger

Re: Hello from S. Glos UK
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2019, 20:02:02 PM »
Hi Loren Serafina
another Belly Dancer! my partner belly dances too and loves the clothing - I really must make her more clothes :) I tend to do the household sewing turning up kids trousers, darning knees, name labels etc, but occasionally I make belly dance costume and mend vintage sewing machines - but I dont get as much time to sew/mend as Id like :)

I dont know if you 'pinterest' but of you do my link is: https://pin.it/wra4ynnzos4tj4 and I have a lot of belly dance inspiration pins...
A bit of a vintage sewing machine nut! Singers: 500a, 401g, 48k Elnas: lotus SP & grasshopper, Bernina 530-2 F+R 504, Pfaff 30, Cresta T-132

Lorenaserafina

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2019, 22:30:56 PM »
Hello @Roger :-)
I have more dance clothes than everyday clothes!  Which style of belly dance does your partner like?  I go to two classes, one for tribal style/gypsy caravan, and the other is mostly Turkish.

Yes I do have a Pinterest account, although I do forget to use it. I will have to work out how to share a link for it. I'm still trying to work out how to use this forum, but I gather I need to subscribe to share any pictures.

Are you a fan of Sparkley belly? Mao has some great costume tutorials online.

Roger

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2019, 18:38:05 PM »
My partner does Egyptian, but has some dvds for Turkish and Tribal, which she enjoys a lot.

My other half has a fondness for Indian styles especially salwar Kameez, and likes to dance in those... it’s a very eclectic arrangement!

I like Pinterest, it has more ideas than I’ll ever make :) I’d be interested to follow you when you share a link.

I haven’t heard of sparkley belly I’ll have to go look! :)
A bit of a vintage sewing machine nut! Singers: 500a, 401g, 48k Elnas: lotus SP & grasshopper, Bernina 530-2 F+R 504, Pfaff 30, Cresta T-132

Lorenaserafina

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2019, 21:32:30 PM »
I can't find a link to my Pinterest on my phone app. I think I'd need to sign in on an internet browser to copy it. I tried to find if in my internet browser on my phone but my phone takes me to the app.  I have followed you.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 10:34:31 AM by Lorenaserafina »

Roger

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2019, 08:02:25 AM »
Cool! Found you!

You might want to remove your Username from the previous post as it might be identifiable :)