The Sewing Place

Been a bit quiet recently

supergran

Been a bit quiet recently
« on: January 29, 2019, 22:16:23 PM »
Hello everyone. I had a crummy kind of year last year and haven't posted much, just lurked a bit from time to time. Not to say I haven't been sewing though. I finished the New York Beauty. Sorry it's not a great photo but OH has trouble with his shoulder and can't hold it up for me.  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Then I decided I would like to do something a little less labour intensive and found this on Equilter. I loved it and had to get it. Daughter also loved it so I've now ordered another one for me. Not everyone's cup of tea, but I adore it.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

supergran

Re: Been a bit quiet recently
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 22:18:23 PM »
Not sure what happened there but the NYB disappeared. Try again
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

BrendaP

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 22:23:03 PM »
Fantastic quilts both of them.    0_0 <3

I think the problem you had with the pic disapearing is that you uploaded the first one, and then just browsed for the second image.  You need to upload the first image and then click on 'more attachements' abd then browse in the second box.  I still forget to do that sometimes :o
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

supergran

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 22:26:32 PM »
Yes, Brenda, you're right, that's what I did. I normally only post 1 at a time.  :|
Thanks for the kind words.  :D

Greybird

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 22:30:00 PM »
So sorry you've had a bad year @supergran - it seems 2018 didn't smile kindly for quite a few people. I do hope things are improving for you now. If nothing else you've produced some lovely work!

supergran

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 22:51:13 PM »
Thank you Greybird. I'm hopeful that this year will be a better one.

Ellabella

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2019, 00:18:11 AM »
Supergran both quilts are wonderful but esp the NYB, it’s incredible.

Iminei

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2019, 05:34:12 AM »
Loooving both quilts, no wonder you have been quiet.

Peeps forget when you are working on something it really does take the time you would be online and a lot of the things Ive made recently have had to be a bit hush hush until gifted like the ..... Ooops! Shussssh!

Is that the Robert Kaufmann's Effervesence I see in the first pictured quilt ???

Such gorgeous fabric but you dont often see it made up into anything, I expect because its sooooo gorgeous peeps dont want to cut into it, well at least thats my excuse!

Lovely stuff darling and welcome home xxx
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Kwaaked

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2019, 06:11:27 AM »
Those are awesome, and I love the second one.

Pearl

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2019, 09:06:02 AM »
Gorgeous quilts, @supergran

So pleased to see you back.  Hope 2019 is a better year for you.   :flower:

Lachica

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2019, 09:13:20 AM »
They're both beautiful, but I really like the one in the first picture, those colours and the swirl. I assume the centre swirl is all one piece as can't think how it could be created from pieces though I know you quilters are clever folk.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

supergran

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2019, 19:52:12 PM »
Thanks you for the kind words , ladies.
@Lachica, yes the swirly one came as a 24 x 44 inch panel and just had a few borders added. It was the simplest quilt to make, the fabric did it all.
Yes, @Iminei it is Effervescense. I love it, and did you know they now do a version with a double border in black and it is totally fantastic. It's a shame that all these gorgeous fabrics are not widely available out of the USA.

maliw

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2019, 20:00:11 PM »
Sorry to hear that you had a rubbish year last year but yes you have been busy, two fabulous quilts. I love the panel.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula