The Sewing Place

Fabric choices for dance clothes

DementedFairy

Re: Fabric choices for dance clothes
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2019, 18:36:11 PM »
@Roger - I thought I'd have a quick look for the manual of the MO-600 but the series 600 pdf starts at 623 and I can't find anything on older models in that series. I'm guessing the threading is the same or similar though. Do you have a manual for it?

Not forgotten you @Lorenaserafina ! What model is yours? Also, I seem to recall that @DementedFairy has bought sari fabrics online. Any advice for sources at reasonable prices DF?
Just ebay, and search 'second hand saris' they are GAZILLIONS at great prices
C'est moi!

Roger

Re: Fabric choices for dance clothes
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2019, 18:46:16 PM »
Sorry - that was wild goose chase - I checked the manual and its a 654de I think - according to the manual. ( I have read the manual but not taken the machine out of the box).

Ebay is totally the place to look for second hand saris theyre really good for it. but Ive found it can be hard to gauge the fabric colours because you're at the mercy of the other persons photo (camera and skills) and then how your screen/eye interprets that colour... having said that Ive got some fantastic saris off ebay. including an amazing full length with all parts black and diamanté one that is so bling! :)

A bit of a vintage sewing machine nut! Singers: 500a, 401g, 48k Elnas: lotus SP & grasshopper, Bernina 530-2 F+R 504, Pfaff 30, Cresta T-132