The Sewing Place

Aldi fat quarters

b15erk

Re: Aldi fat quarters
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2019, 08:40:24 AM »
I've still got some I bought last year.  Peter Rabbit I think.  Must find a use for them...

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2019, 09:01:16 AM »
Just realised that the Disney fat quarters were a euro more than the pretty Spring style ones so maybe the £4.95 FQ’s  were the Disney Princess, Whinnie the Pooh etc.

snoozi soozi

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2019, 11:01:06 AM »
@Celia, that could be the answer. TBH I didn't look at the Disney ones, knew I wouldn't use them
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

snoozi soozi

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2019, 12:19:34 PM »
Aldi have stock of fat quarters again, quite a few designs and the same price as before from what I can tell.
There's also scissors, snips and different size rotary cutters. Oh and wool, if that floats your boat  :loveit:
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

Lilian

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2019, 19:50:49 PM »
I've still got some I bought last year.  Peter Rabbit I think.  Must find a use for them...

Jessie

I have some from last year and have made tote bags and some bandanas for my new little dog  :woof: :)  :vintage:
Willing but not always able :)

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2019, 20:20:28 PM »
I bought some more Aldi fat quarters at the week-end and helped my DIL make some cute Winnie the Pooh bunting for her new baby cousin.  :loveit:

jintie

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2019, 09:48:35 AM »
I bought some for 3.99 on Wed. I dunked them in hottish soapy water- there was no shrinkage, or loss of colour or texture.
Rottweiler with scissors

Celia

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2019, 09:53:53 AM »
I saw these last night on my way home from work, I didn’t buy but loved the patterns I felt they might be very limp when washed, maybe I should have bought them.

annieeg

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2019, 21:59:44 PM »
I saw these last night on my way home from work, I didn’t buy but loved the patterns I felt they might be very limp when washed, maybe I should have bought them.

I thought the same @Celia - I think there's a lot of "finish" or starch in them.
Annie -<

jintie

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2019, 07:18:54 AM »
Annie,did you see my post?
Rottweiler with scissors

Iminei

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2019, 08:20:52 AM »
Your instincts were good @Celia , Aldi FQ's are generally very thin low end items ...

fine for beginners to practice on or for children to make dolls dresses etc (will drape well as they have no substance) but I personally would never use them for anything that's meant to last ... Have I become a fabric snob?
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Celia

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2019, 08:50:09 AM »
Thanks @Iminei  as you know I am only putting my toe in the quilting sea, just finished a couple of pieced items, not quilts one was a roll for knitting needles the other a drawstring bag for knitting project, hopefully more to come.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 07:28:45 AM by Iminei »

wrenkins

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2019, 09:13:46 AM »
Thanks @Imiinei as you know I am only putting my toe in the quilting sea, just finished a couple of pieced items, not quilts one was a roll for knitting needles the other a drawstring bag for knitting project, hopefully more to come.
@Celia that's not a toe. That's the thin end of the wedge!  :ninja: 0_0
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Iminei

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2019, 07:28:18 AM »
And you @Celia, unlike 99% of peeps who always want to make a double bed cover for their very first project, (and I can shamefacedly count myself amongst them) are doing it right.

Starting with something manageable, working your way up to bigger and better things!

If you would like to visit and be my guinea pig, Im desperate to do a trial run of this class Im teaching in May ????
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

annieeg

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2019, 16:37:56 PM »
@jintie
Hi,
 note your comments about washing the FQs - good to know they're ok.
Thanks for your post.