The Sewing Place

Murder Mystery Quiltalongathon

toileandtrouble

Re: Murder Mystery Quiltalongathon
« Reply #150 on: April 18, 2019, 14:22:56 PM »
Thanks @Iminei, mine hasn't arrived yet, I must be a different batch!
 RE the templates, Deborah said we could trim it off afterwards, but what is the point of a template that is wrong to begin with? Also, if the side is too long, it is not obvious where to join it up. If you lined up at the bottom, both edges with be wobbly and need trimming.
Did you see this comment on the website? 
"Hi, Can I ask that if you are doing templates again that you highlight the number of the piece rather than the fabric choice on the piece, as I cut BG1 for one of the B pieces.
Also, can I ask that you re-read the instructions so that they are right before you post them, ie. where you mention notches and X and Y’s when they have been changed?
I am a little disappointed that this mystery quilt programme I have paid for has worse instructions than the free weekly one I have signed up for. (And I can do the math at how much you have been paid by the over 1600 people you are writing these instructions for) Thanks"

Someone is saying what we have been thinking, it seems.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 14:25:53 PM by toileandtrouble »
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Iminei

« Reply #151 on: April 18, 2019, 18:06:06 PM »
Maybe we'll get a refund?!

But I do know how much time goes into a tutorial let alone a mystery quilt, before during and after release ... nightmare!

But if you put yourself up for it you should be able to do it right or take the consequences and there are many types of peeps in this ... some will curse silently and wangle their way through it, others will complain vociferously and still others will pick you up on every misspelt word and wrong destruction.

This was a complicated block to begin with and as I know explaining some processes is more complicated than actually showing it ... maybe they should have a vid ?

I do think they should have had a pic of the pieced half block BEFORE it was trimmed nice and square dont you ???
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

toileandtrouble

« Reply #152 on: April 18, 2019, 21:20:44 PM »
And - that comment has now been deleted from her site. It is a fair comment that the instructions should be tested before hand.  Someone did make up a sample block  but didn't flag up the problems, just bodged it up.  That sort of approach could be very disheartening for someone trying it for the first time. (Well, I am, but I'm also pigheaded and won't be beaten!)
 I do think a template should be what it is supposed to be, not need cutting down afterwards.  I'll make up mine next week and show how mine went together. I tried the paper templates I had cut out and they matched perfectly square - what's wrong with that? Must admit I didn't notice the Xs and Ys transposed, just worked from X goes to X and Y to Y.

toileandtrouble

« Reply #153 on: May 05, 2019, 20:42:19 PM »
DIL came for a visit and we got to work and finished our April blocks.  I didn't like the colours I had chosen for accents because they didn't make the flower stand out enough so went with some I had used before. Hope they are in a suitable place when the pieces are put together.  Cutting out was massive, I tried to do it all in one go, with the  result that some got rushed and weren't as accurate as they should have been, making me problems further on. Still, it's done and I'm ready for the new one next week. Let's hope it is not as massive as this!
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Iminei

« Reply #154 on: May 06, 2019, 07:35:20 AM »
Well done TNT, very nice and you got the outer leaves to show very well,
Which method did you use to achieve that ?? Sandra's centre seam hack?

Im going to have problems as my blocks are too big ... But I'll come to that when we come to it!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 08:32:57 AM by Iminei »

Sandra

« Reply #155 on: May 06, 2019, 08:13:49 AM »
It's lovely toileandtrouble...it's good to see you've got it done.

It wasn't much fun was it? I didn't enjoy this one...

The new block will be released this week. Lets hope it's much nicer to do than last months.
I'd like to start introducing some of my feature fabrics. I feel like I'm lacking a bit of blue, and two of my FF's are blue. I hope they fit in nicely.

Sandra.
xxx

toileandtrouble

« Reply #156 on: May 06, 2019, 16:49:30 PM »
To be honest, I didn't enjoy it much either.  If there was another big one, I would only cut out the pieces in stages, as they were needed.  Still, I feel as though I have learned something.

Sandra

« Reply #157 on: May 08, 2019, 19:20:40 PM »
Chapter 5 has arrived. Won't spoil it for you,  :ninja:  but I like the look of this months.

Sandra.
xxx

toileandtrouble

« Reply #158 on: May 08, 2019, 20:07:46 PM »
Me too! Another first for me, I think I see the method OK, and I like the idea of the matching and guessing. Hope Iminei has got it too. 

Iminei

« Reply #159 on: May 09, 2019, 10:29:33 AM »
You do @Sandra  ... blimey, Im quaking in my boots!

Sandra

« Reply #160 on: May 09, 2019, 10:41:31 AM »
 :ninja:  I've done three of mine already.

@Iminei  With all of your experience, you'll be absolutely fine. It's not difficult to do...it's just a different way of joining the bits together.  :)

I like this months idea of these being parts of a puzzle to make up a larger image...the other pieces to follow in the coming months. Two of these look like they fit together, but I can't see the canoe  :S  which somebody claims they can see on the MMQ site.

Sandra.
xxx

wrenkins

« Reply #161 on: May 09, 2019, 10:50:36 AM »

Ik vind deze maanden het idee dat dit deel uitmaakt van een puzzel om een ​​groter beeld te vormen ... de andere stukken die de komende maanden volgen. Twee van deze zien eruit alsof ze bij elkaar passen, maar ik kan de kano niet zien: S die iemand beweert te kunnen zien op de MMQ-site.

Twice!

I love this thread!  0_0  0_0
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Sandra

« Reply #162 on: May 09, 2019, 11:12:16 AM »
 0_0 I'm sure it'll become clearer as we progress  -<

Yeah....probably.  :[  You'll be the first to know if I find the canoe.

Sandra.
xxx

annieeg

« Reply #163 on: May 09, 2019, 11:17:26 AM »
@wrenkins

These months I think that this is part of a puzzle to form a larger picture ... the other pieces that will follow in the coming months. Two of these look like they fit together, but I can't see the canoe :S that someone claims to be able to see on the MMQ site.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 11:18:47 AM by Iminei »

Iminei

« Reply #164 on: May 09, 2019, 11:18:03 AM »
Wrenkies ... are you feeling quite alright ??? You've come over all Afrikaans!

Annie are you doing this too?