The Sewing Place

Murder Mystery Quiltalongathon

wrenkins

Re: Murder Mystery Quiltalongathon
« Reply #165 on: May 09, 2019, 11:38:34 AM »
HaHa! Double Dutch!  :ninja:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

annieeg

« Reply #166 on: May 09, 2019, 11:58:13 AM »
@Iminei

Blame "translate Google" ;)

wrenkins

« Reply #167 on: May 09, 2019, 12:11:11 PM »
Yes I fess up. I used Google but I did spend some time there so Ik heb een beetje Nederlands.  :)
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Sandra

« Reply #168 on: May 09, 2019, 14:51:22 PM »

I picked my two blues with the yellowy green colour quite early on as my 3 main feature fabrics..loved the colours together... and now they're put together I'm not so sure of them.

Hmmmm.... -<

Anyway...they're going to have to stay. I've taken a while to decide what colour to use as the Accent fabric number 7. Felt I was missing a good green shade in my fabric selection, so have put this one in. Hope I've done the right thing.

Pieces 3 -2 and 3 - 4 obviously seem to fit together. I've no idea what it's going to be when it's all done...perhaps it will be a canoe after all?

I'm not trimming them down to the 6.5 inches, and am going to leave them just as they are until I'm able to start joining them together...just in case I could do with a tiny bit of wiggle room to get them to fit together better.

Sandra.
xxx

Iminei

« Reply #169 on: May 09, 2019, 15:11:09 PM »
Blimey Sandra!!! Youve got a wiggle on! Well Done you!

and FYI the colours are perfect! Dont fret about it!

Afrikaans is bascially Dutch so double Ha-ha with bells on to you too Wrenkies!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 15:16:18 PM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

toileandtrouble

« Reply #170 on: May 10, 2019, 07:15:21 AM »
Not started the pp yet, but saw there was a tip to use a serrated wheel to transfer the lines to the other side of the paper. Sounds like a sanity saver!
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Iminei

« Reply #171 on: May 12, 2019, 13:01:02 PM »
Loathed, Loathed, Loathed these blocks and will seriously consider stopping this quilt if there are too many more like this or last months horrors

linky

Sandra

« Reply #172 on: May 12, 2019, 14:20:43 PM »
 >< Wow! You've surprised me by how much you've not liked this one.

I suspect there must be another three? months worth of these.
Going by how they're numbered, I'm assuming there are four lots of these blocks, which will make up the four 12.5inch blocks which are going to be in the centre of the quilt.

Lovely colours again Iminei.

Sandra.
xxx

Iminei

« Reply #173 on: May 12, 2019, 15:15:10 PM »
I suspect there must be another three? months worth of these.
Going by how they're numbered, I'm assuming there are four lots of these blocks, which will make up the four 12.5inch blocks which are going to be in the centre of the quilt.

UUGGHHH! :angry: >:) :S

Sandra

« Reply #174 on: May 12, 2019, 16:26:36 PM »
Sorry to have been the bearer of bad news.  :(

Hope toileandtrouble's ok.  -<

Sandra.
xxx

toileandtrouble

« Reply #175 on: May 12, 2019, 22:18:02 PM »
I'm here! Still toiling, still troubled, but managed to finish off the May blocks.  Had to unpick a few times, I was finding it difficult to control the angle of the pieces when they turned back, but I think I'm getting the hang of it now.  Did a very neat job on the third one and then found I had used FF2 instead of FF1.  Unpicking that really hurt!  Had to keep reminding myself to turn the fabric over when cutting out the pieces to match the front sections.  I'm keeping the ones that slope the wrong way for the later blocks,  because I have a feeling there may be some symmetry going on.
I do hope it is not going to one of those hideous masks.  Might just design my own centre piece if it is.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

They are square, my camera is not the best.
Is @annieeg taking part? One of her posts seemed to indicate she was. 
Stay with us @Iminei , we need your support!  Glad your class went well.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 22:58:32 PM by toileandtrouble »

annieeg

« Reply #176 on: May 12, 2019, 22:37:02 PM »
@toileandtrouble
I'm not taking part on the mystery quotation .  I did post about the Dutch language  :)

Iminei

« Reply #177 on: May 13, 2019, 08:06:50 AM »
Those bottom two squares definitely go together dont they TnT ??? and werent they marked the same as well?

Sandra

« Reply #178 on: May 13, 2019, 08:15:40 AM »
I'm pleased to see you're still with us, toileandtrouble  :) Well done. I much preferred this one compared to last months.

Yeah.....a hideous mask? ...it's possible, and more likely than a canoe.
After we get the next four pieces to this centre piece, it ought to be more obvious what it is...surely?

Sandra.
xxx

toileandtrouble

« Reply #179 on: May 13, 2019, 08:52:31 AM »
Thank you. So, just the three of us apparently.  I'm glad to have seen all these techniques, just finding it a bit difficult against the clock - I want to leave some time clear for other things, so it's a good thing I can put it all away for a bit.  Love seeing everyone else's colour choices. XXX