The Sewing Place

Murder Mystery Quiltalongathon

toileandtrouble

Re: Murder Mystery Quiltalongathon
« Reply #210 on: July 01, 2019, 11:18:30 AM »
Finally got the June blocks done.  Never in my life have I unpicked things so many times.  Really don't know what was going on, but wherever there was a choice, I seemed to pick the wrong one.  Had to reprint the template for 6-3 because it had been redone so many times. Still made mistakes but not so many.  No real problem with the others. What was going on?  I'm looking forward to something more straightforward in July.
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Sandra

« Reply #211 on: July 11, 2019, 07:59:00 AM »
It's a nice looking block for July, and I enjoyed this months chapter of the story.  :o

We finally get to introduce the last of the colours in this one, so I'm going to have to try to choose what's going to look right amongst what I've used so far.  :S  It might take a little while to decide.

No idea when I'll get the chance to do this one. I've got a lot of other stuff to be getting on with  :\ but I know I'll catch up as soon as I can.

Sandra.
xxx

Iminei

« Reply #212 on: July 11, 2019, 20:10:00 PM »
I printed these out today but have no idea when I will get round to them ...
at least they are properly pieced blocks if you know what I mean?
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

toileandtrouble

« Reply #213 on: July 11, 2019, 22:11:41 PM »
Hello there ladies, printed mine and cut out last  night.  Sewing might be done in bits. Glad you are both still there..  :)

Sandra

« Reply #214 on: July 12, 2019, 19:47:35 PM »
I've just been thinking about what colour I'll be using as 'Accent 2'...so to help me to decide, I've just laid all the blocks out on the floor...

Goodness me... 0_0  :S

I can't imagine how this will be put together when it's finished.  0_0

I definitely don't need any more hot reds/orangey colours, and I've got quite a few blues (and greens)...with more to be added in the FPP, 'puzzle' section in the coming months.

Blimey....isn't it an odd-looking thing?  -<
I'm still enjoying playing along with it...(I need to know whodunnit!)

Sandra.
xxx

toileandtrouble

« Reply #215 on: July 12, 2019, 22:31:47 PM »
How about a two tone fawn/brown/gold patterned piece?  They are exotic flowers after all.  I can't imagine it all put together either. 
Have you noticed the post about the fire on Maui?    Dreadful, hope there are no casualties.

Sandra

« Reply #216 on: July 13, 2019, 07:17:25 AM »
I went through my pile of 'maybe' fabrics to see what looked the best and have chosen a deep turquoise/teal colour. It's not too blue and not too green so it seems to sit amongst them quite well. We need half a yard of this last colour don't we?

I mustn't...I can't  :S  buy even more fabrics.

I cut out all the pieces last night, so I won't have the option to change my mind.  :)

No, I hadn't heard about a fire...I'll go and find out about it now.

Sandra.
xxx 

Iminei

« Reply #217 on: July 13, 2019, 09:48:19 AM »
@Sandra  Please swap the top boat bit (green black lime) on the right (as you look at it on screen) with the boat bit underneath it (Lime, SkyBlue, Lime, Blue ) ...

Its bugging me terribly as I can see it joining up with the top left boat bit but cant quite work it out in my head!

And the third boat bit down (on its own) looks like ut would join up with the top boat bit (that you just moved) if you turn it  once anti clockwise .. So if you dont mind ...???

toileandtrouble

« Reply #218 on: July 13, 2019, 10:52:13 AM »
Never thought of a boat @Iminei .  I'm thinking of a centre picture panel surrounded  by flowers. - and the odd Mobstera leaf of course!  Met up with a friend on Thursday and she was wearing a dress in a Monstera leaf print.
Like the teal colour @Sandra , I misunderstood, thought you wanted to avoid blues and greens.  I am sure they will all be amazing when they are done.
 Get out of that oat field Iminei and back to your sewing machine. You know you want to!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 12:30:20 PM by toileandtrouble »

Sandra

« Reply #219 on: July 13, 2019, 11:36:18 AM »
@Iminei   0_0 I think there are several of the odd pieces which will join together, and after I took the picture, and packed it all away, I wished I'd photographed it with them paired up.

Maybe next time.

It looks such an odd jumble, that I'm wondering if it's not a single image being made out of all these 'puzzle' pieces...?

That's correct @toileandtrouble   :S I wanted to steer away from blues and greens, but when I saw what I'd got to work with, and what looked like it fitted in, I was back to a teal-y colour.  ><

Sandra.
xxx

Iminei

« Reply #220 on: July 13, 2019, 18:56:10 PM »
Mutters (Duh ... if you want something doing, do it yourself ...sigh)

Ok you win, I got mine out to see and I started this months block!

Linky

On other news .... Julys block!

Linky

Bloody Hell What a waste of fabric!

So I decided ... as I've been making 7 half rectangles a week for the past 6 months + ... to find an easier and more economic way of making these ... and I did!

Save your fabric ladies and please use This Method instead of her ridiculously wasteful and tricky method.

toileandtrouble

« Reply #221 on: July 13, 2019, 19:42:54 PM »
I threw away more than I used, can that really be right?  I'm toying with another way of doing them.  By the way, I had similar thoughts about the blocks joining, but perhaps she is being really clever and trailing misleading  pieces, like a good jigsaw ??  On the other hand, her finished picture does not match the instructions, so perhaps not.  The one shown was a 'test block'.  So why not put a picture of one done the proper way?  How do you spell 'Aagh'? is that right?

Sandra

« Reply #222 on: July 13, 2019, 21:43:54 PM »
I knew there had to be a better way of cutting those half rectangles. It was very wasteful, and as we say here in the Black Country...it was a bit saft.  :S
Too late to cut mine using the better method. I just went with it...

A nice looking block. I really like the look of this one.  :)

This has photographed the colour quite badly...it's a darker, deeper shade than this looks.

Oh, and @toileandtrouble  I'd say AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!

Love your fabrics again @Iminei

Sandra.
xxx

Iminei

« Reply #223 on: July 14, 2019, 11:59:38 AM »
Phew its finished and I like it!

Ive no idea how I got the orientation wrong but dont care ... I like the touching points and the fact that it came out as close to 12 1/2" as it could.

Linky
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 12:01:32 PM by Iminei »

Iminei

« Reply #224 on: July 18, 2019, 06:08:39 AM »
Julys Bonus Clue

Afloat on the waves danger looms,
Apart from the space the microscope zooms.
Without a doubt the clue got out,
Through word of mouth from one who doubts.