The Sewing Place

Murder Mystery Quiltalongathon

Sandra

Re: Murder Mystery Quiltalongathon
« Reply #225 on: August 14, 2019, 22:29:50 PM »
Okay then. August...more FPP, as expected.

Hmmmm.....I don't mind doing FPP. Really.  :)  I actually quite enjoy it, but I'd like to be able to see what I'm creating. So far, I've got all these odd blocks of ...well....I dunno.  -<
It's just messy looking, odd blocks. They currently resemble nothing much. Even the ones which definitely pair up.

I've got one more to do of these latest ones, and I'll show you.

Good luck with yours, ladies.

Oh, and thank you @toileandtrouble  I saw your message regarding the cock-up in this months chapter.  :)

Sandra.
xxx

Iminei

« Reply #226 on: August 15, 2019, 05:09:32 AM »
Yeah ... soooo many errors and we are paying for them ????  -<

I wouldnt have hosted this challenge in a million years, its too complicated!
Still Im committed now (or rather I should be by now) so I'll slog on ... sigh ...

If I send you my fabric Sandra ????
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Sandra

« Reply #227 on: August 15, 2019, 07:44:23 AM »
Ha, ha....I soooo wish we lived closer to each other. We'd be able to stare at all of our odd blocks of...I dunno  -<...and wonder where it was going to end.  0_0

You can send me your fabrics if you want to.

Sandra.
xxx

Sandra

« Reply #228 on: August 15, 2019, 09:52:55 AM »
This months efforts look like this...

:\

I've cut out these little bits to try to figure out what we're trying to create, and this is where we've got to with all the blocks we've done so far on this FPP section...?

Clearly looks like the two end sections join together...the blocks which make up Block 3, and the blocks which make up Block 6.

Sandra.
xxx

Lilian

« Reply #229 on: August 15, 2019, 13:09:16 PM »
This is so interesting, I love solving mysteries! Can't wait to see what it will be  :ninja: :vintage:

If you rotate this once anti-clockwise it could be a horse/donkey head ??  No a camel's head!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 13:11:09 PM by Lilian »
Willing but not always able :)

Iminei

« Reply #230 on: August 15, 2019, 13:34:52 PM »
@Sandra ... are you making this in two colourways ???

Sandra

« Reply #231 on: August 15, 2019, 14:18:21 PM »
???? No.....

Errr....the little squares in brown colours are just the printed off pieces of paper cut from the pattern...is that what you were thinking?

Blimey. No...one of these is quite enough.  :S

Sandra.
xxx

Iminei

« Reply #232 on: August 15, 2019, 15:02:18 PM »
Ahhh ... trying to piece them together .... I get it!

toileandtrouble

« Reply #233 on: August 15, 2019, 15:20:11 PM »
Just replied and hit enter instead of post -doh!  @Sandra  I was trying out the blocks like that! I tried putting the numbers on the back and the block numbers do not make any sort of pattern.   Do you think the set on the right look like a tiki? Don't know what the other half will be.  By the way, did you notice the error on 5-1? AC5 at the top should be AC7. 
Someone asked if there was more FPP to come, the answer was, at least one, and at least one traditional piecing.  Do you think she is cunning enough to make two pieces with identical sides to confuse us, like a jigsaw cutter?  (although getting things done normally straight seems a bit difficult for her so perhaps not)  Anyhow, I have enjoyed learning something new and it has given me ideas for the future.
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Iminei

« Reply #234 on: August 15, 2019, 15:50:03 PM »
Whats a tiki?

RJR_38

« Reply #235 on: August 15, 2019, 15:50:29 PM »
I’m watching this thread with interest (I love FPP!!). I think the middle panel will be two tiki masks overlapping/next to each other

toileandtrouble

« Reply #236 on: August 15, 2019, 16:16:30 PM »
@Iminei  A tiki is a mask.  If you read this month's chapter, you will find out about them.
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Sandra

« Reply #237 on: August 15, 2019, 16:56:39 PM »
There's certainly some symmetry to whatever it is on the right...I think you could be right about it being a tiki.

OMG...another error? No. I didn't notice. I've blindly forged ahead and done whatever it is I've done. It'll only be unpicked if it screams out that it's wrong and shouldn't be there. (And even then, it'll be touch and go  :P )

So, we have another 4 months of this quilt..."at least one more FPP"...?  Hmmmmm..... ><
I make it to be another three months worth to make the rest of these FPP blocks. (Surely, because we're missing 12 of them by the look of it.)
And then a traditional pieced one?

I don't know about you, but I feel that I've still got quite a bit of fabric left at the moment.  -< Not complaining. Just a bit surprised.

Sandra.
xxx

Iminei

« Reply #238 on: August 16, 2019, 17:24:05 PM »
Done ... and two match up ... well they should but my paper piecing is not all that

And heres what Ive got so far ...

As you can see Block 3 is complete,
Block 6 needs one more part,
Block 2 is completely missing,
Blocks 4 and 5 each have two more parts to come
and Block one needs three...

I read that as 3 more months of paper piecing!

I predict tantrums when it comes time to putting these together!

Lilian

« Reply #239 on: August 16, 2019, 18:32:09 PM »
No pics  :(
Willing but not always able :)