The Sewing Place

Murder Mystery Quiltalongathon

Iminei

Re: Murder Mystery Quiltalongathon
« Reply #270 on: September 20, 2019, 10:12:37 AM »
Thanks hon, Ill cancel now then! :)

So (I think) I've cancelled my subscription .... Still deciding whether to trudge on wasting more fabric and time or make a much smaller quilt.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 08:39:51 AM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Sandra

« Reply #271 on: October 11, 2019, 08:35:41 AM »
The October block and chapter have now been released.

Feel like I'm running out of steam on this project  :\  but I'm going to continue with mine until it's finished...I've got this far.  -<

Nice looking couple of blocks for this month.  :)
I'm waiting to see if any (more) errors are found before starting cutting into any fabric.

I see in the comments on the MMQ site that someone has already paid up for next years  :S

Sandra.
xxx 

toileandtrouble

« Reply #272 on: October 11, 2019, 08:44:15 AM »
I've started, so I'll finish.  yes, that's me too.  In a way I was hoping to get another batch of the jigsaw pieces, just to see how they went together.  Some of the other pieces are different sizes, so the assembly instructions will be interesting.  I won't be doing next years though.  DIL gone silent for a bit, hope she hasn't  been driven to something terrible!
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Iminei

« Reply #273 on: October 11, 2019, 16:06:41 PM »
October ...

I found this a very easy block ... and pleasurable after the recent months . 

I found a pic of it on FB, saved and printed it and it wasnt very hard to work out without the destructions (probably easier considering the amount of mistakes there have been in previous months  :P  )

It is meant to be a 12 1/2" block yes?

The only mistake in the pic from the destructions was the placing of the light green/dark green HST ... Well I think it was a mistake so I have done it my way!

Two together, which colourway looks best ???

No problem ... I think I'll make two more; One in each colourway as I need to flesh out the area of the Hideous FPP blocks with something and will make more of the flower blocks and maybe some more applique leaves

Linky

toileandtrouble

« Reply #274 on: October 12, 2019, 14:27:34 PM »
Looks lovely Iminei.  Someone else mixed up their greens and was told it would not affect the  finished article and to do it her way.  Still thinking about that centre piece but my head not in the right place even to cut out, it might be a while before I can do  mine.

Iminei

« Reply #275 on: October 17, 2019, 08:23:31 AM »
OOohhhhh Look what landed in my inbox ....

OCTOBER 2019 BONUS CLUE

Ocean
Fire
Magic
Mountain

Did anyone get Septembers (the month I completely dissed!) ???

No matter, I stopped reading the 'book' months ago ... I mean reading? really ?? How very last century!!!   0_0

Sandra

« Reply #276 on: October 21, 2019, 10:57:17 AM »

Got this one done over the weekend. Did as I was instructed regarding the green 'leaf' bit. Not too fussed about how it looks.

Sandra.
xxx

toileandtrouble

« Reply #277 on: October 21, 2019, 14:03:16 PM »
Done mine too Sandra, and I laid all the pieces out on the floor to have a look at them. It's extremely - bright.  In a way I was hoping to get another FPP just to make sense of the middle bit.  Only two more and then the finishing, not going to sign up for next year though.   Saw some lovely things that others have done and it got my mind buzzing. This is the only sewing I did this week, apart from overlocking all my fraying jacket pieces.  I've been trying to sort out my sewing room and (predictably) everything is in a mess.    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Sandra

« Reply #278 on: October 21, 2019, 15:17:43 PM »
I haven't dared to look at all my blocks together. I'm not too happy with my colour choices...Bright? Yeah. That's mine too.  :o  0_0
I wonder how we're going to be instructed to join it all together  -<

I don't know about you, but I've got quite a bit of fabric left.
Heaps of the main background fabric, but I also seem to have a lot left of the half-yard 'accent' pieces we needed to buy. I assume they'll be used again in the assembly of it all.

Are there any other people grumbling about not liking the design of the FPP section, or is it just us? I'm not on Facebook so can't follow what's going on on there.

Sandra.
xxx

toileandtrouble

« Reply #279 on: October 21, 2019, 16:27:47 PM »
@Sandra  Lots of other grumbling about the FPP, also some people grumbled about the grumbling.  Some people loved FPP, some were expecting a lot more variety in the blocks.  Numbers posting have dropped off over the months. Some people also saying we should not complain about all the mistakes.  Well, I wouldn't, if she was doing it as a favour but when 2,000 + people are paying, I'd expect proper proof reading, and someone trying out the instructions, instead of making one up to look like it, but doing it their way. 
I do have quite a bit of fabric left, some people seem to have been very generous with their cuts and have run out.
There are some interesting bits posted on Facebook (I only joined for this and don't go anywhere else on it)  Some lovely quilt designs. One was a pieced  design of a duck incorporated into the border of a bedspread.  There doesn't seem to be any way of copying it or I'd show you the picture.  Also the usual sprinkling of funnies - my favourite  was one of a cross stitch sampler  "Warning:  this is proof that I have patience to stab something 1,000 times"
By the way, I like your colour choices. 

Iminei

« Reply #280 on: October 21, 2019, 18:08:11 PM »
@toileandtrouble

There doesn't seem to be any way of copying it or I'd show you the picture.

Is this the one ????

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 18:11:42 PM by Iminei »

toileandtrouble

« Reply #281 on: October 21, 2019, 18:57:36 PM »
Yes, thank you @Iminei    :D

Iminei

« Reply #282 on: November 07, 2019, 13:02:58 PM »
 Look what I've found ...

Im definitely having it for my backing, its perfect!

Its a large design, (really nice) multi coloured on a stone coloured ground, 54" wide on a linen type lightweight furnishing fabric  .. you know the type, they usually have chickens or ducks or boats on them

If either of you @toileandtrouble @Sandra  @anyoneelsewhomightlikethis would like some I can get it for £15 per m + postage.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 17:07:07 PM by Iminei »

Sandra

« Reply #283 on: November 07, 2019, 16:55:48 PM »
I doubt mine will get as far as needing backing fabric.
I'm not a quilter.  :D

Lovely fabric though, and thanks for thinking of me when you found it.  :)

Sandra.
xxx

toileandtrouble

« Reply #284 on: November 07, 2019, 23:08:29 PM »
Lovely, but not for me either thanks.  I shall go with what I have. Don't like it enough to spend more. (I meant I don't like the project enough to lay out more money)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 07:01:13 AM by toileandtrouble »