The Sewing Place

Murder Mystery Quiltalongathon

Sandra

Re: Murder Mystery Quiltalongathon
« Reply #345 on: May 02, 2020, 15:02:08 PM »
I've had an idea of something to replace the central  :x panel.
I've cut out a paper template to see what an Hawaiian style applique panel would look like and I think I'm going to do this.

The circular layout is as per the instructions at the end of the year. It's not lovely but it'll do.
I'm still looking at colours but I'm being drawn to a lovely turquoise blue. There are enough of the hot reds, pinks and coral colours in the blocks. There were some lovely blues in the  :x panel, so I've lost them now it's been scrapped.

I also might fill each corner of this central panel with a little motif...it'll help fill the space...Not sure yet. I'll see how it goes.

Something like that.

Sandra.
xxx

toileandtrouble

« Reply #346 on: May 02, 2020, 17:19:24 PM »
@Sandra  I do like your flowers.  have you seen the layout someone did, with the sections for the Tikis made into  a random border around the outside? Think crazy paving!  Might have a go at that one day, when nothing more interesting is happening.
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Sandra

« Reply #347 on: May 02, 2020, 17:50:45 PM »
@Sandra  have you seen the layout someone did, with the sections for the Tikis made into  a random border around the outside? Think crazy paving!  Might have a go at that one day, when nothing more interesting is happening.

No. I've not seen it...do you mean that they just cut the central panel up into strips to make a border?  0_0
That saves the waste I suppose.
I don't know what to do with mine. Some of the fabric pieces are too small to re-use, yet it seems so wasteful to throw it away.

Sandra.
xxx

Lowena

« Reply #348 on: May 02, 2020, 18:23:37 PM »
That's really cool Sandra
Triumph of hope over experience :D

toileandtrouble

« Reply #349 on: May 02, 2020, 21:08:38 PM »
Sandra, it looks as if they cut each block into four and put them in a line around the other pieces like a frame.  I'd have to measure and calculate to be sure, but you couldn't tell what they had been!

Sandra

« Reply #350 on: May 02, 2020, 21:47:07 PM »
but you couldn't tell what they had been!

Sounds perfect!  0_0

I've been trying out different colour ideas on my central applique piece, and I think I'm going to turn it so it's a diamond instead of square. I think it looks nicer.
Not so sure of the turquoise blue now so I'm leaving it so I can have a bit more thinking time. I've taken pictures with different colour possibilities to refer back to.

Sandra.
xxx

Iminei

« Reply #351 on: May 03, 2020, 11:04:03 AM »
@toileandtrouble

Have you a pic of that ?? it sound like the perfect use for something so hideous ... and Tho I didnt complete my tikis I should make it up ... altho I do remember a measurement issue with the biggest blocks ... :facepalm:
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

toileandtrouble

« Reply #352 on: May 03, 2020, 14:38:22 PM »
It is difficult to find a picture on facebook in an album, this should be a link, tell me if it works.   

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Do you need to be subscribed to Facebook to see it? There was no other option to save in another format.
Off to do my ironing before Mount Washmore collapses onto me.  I'll check later to see if it is OK.

Link removed and pic attached to protect your privacy on Fb ... Imi xxx
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 15:48:32 PM by Iminei »

Sandra

« Reply #353 on: May 03, 2020, 15:20:35 PM »
Link works for me.That's brilliant! She's completely changed the layout and done her own thing.

She picked some lovely colours too. It works really well. Much, much better than the original.
Ah...just reading some of the comments, and Imi's already seen this.  :)

Sandra.
xxx

Iminei

« Reply #354 on: May 03, 2020, 15:49:03 PM »
THAT is FAB u Lous!!!!!!

toileandtrouble

« Reply #355 on: May 03, 2020, 16:10:48 PM »
since the link works, how about these other:
@Iminei  can you doctor these as well? Pretty please and thank you?

« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 03:43:22 AM by Iminei »

Iminei

« Reply #356 on: May 04, 2020, 03:42:48 AM »
Errrmmmmm @toileandtrouble  ... pics?