The Sewing Place

Murder Mystery Quiltalongathon

Iminei

Re: Murder Mystery Quiltalongathon
« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2019, 13:48:22 PM »
March .....

linky

There is a lorra lorra cutting involved in this one.

I omitted the 1 1/2" sq block of the green and added an extra inch to the 1 1/2" x 4 1/2" strip making them 1 1/2" x 5 1/2" rectangles instead.
It means you have to put the individual units together in a slightly different order but you dont have an extra seam in the green which upset me ....

Quite fiddly with all the tiny blocks but very rewarding to putting together the three 6 1/2" sq units  to form the block.

Doughtys came through for me this morning, with the marvellous mail order maiden that is Mickey finding as close a match to my background fabric as possible as is shown in this pic of all the blocks so far with the new fabric in the middle!!!

« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 13:51:03 PM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Acorn

« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2019, 14:06:41 PM »
Water lilies!   0_0  That's gorgeous!!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

toileandtrouble

« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2019, 14:11:18 PM »
Lovely, really lovely.  Want to get on with mine.  Is it just you, Sandra and myself doing this, or are there more?  So sorry if I have missed anyone off.
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Iminei

« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2019, 14:27:59 PM »
I think its just us three Musketeers!

wrenkins

« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2019, 15:55:59 PM »
I'm cheering you on and I doubt very much if I'm alone. It's looking great. I love how everyone gives their own twist.  :loveit:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Sandra

« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2019, 16:28:48 PM »
That's a gorgeous shade of blue @Iminei  Really like your background fabric.  :loveit:

Sandra.
xxx

Pearl

« Reply #96 on: March 15, 2019, 21:06:59 PM »
 Gorgeous.  These are going to be amazing quilts.   :loveit:

Sandra

« Reply #97 on: March 15, 2019, 22:29:27 PM »
I've been putting mine together this evening/tonight. It's all done now.  :)  I've not taken a picture yet. It's a bit late now, so I'll probably get the picture up tomorrow to show you.

Sandra.
xxx

Sandra

« Reply #98 on: March 16, 2019, 09:25:14 AM »
Pics taken...

There's quite a lot of work in this one and I needed to be careful when I joined it so I didn't get in a muddle.

Sandra.
xxx

Pearl

« Reply #99 on: March 16, 2019, 09:43:20 AM »
Your background fabric is gorgeous, too, @Sandra .  I'm loving following this thread.

Lowena

« Reply #100 on: March 16, 2019, 09:59:32 AM »
Me too, you're all so very clever  :flower:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Iminei

« Reply #101 on: March 16, 2019, 16:12:55 PM »
Yes, there was a lot of work and a zillion pieces to get mixed up too .... but if you were organised and kept on referring back, it was ok!

Im a bit concerned that Aprils might be even more involved but Im betting its going to be an applique piece next time ...

I like applique!

And yes I do have some 1 1/2" x 2 1/2" background strips left and I had to cut a few more 1 1/2" x  3 1/2" strips !!!  :S
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 16:15:18 PM by Iminei »

toileandtrouble

Re: Murder Mystery Quiltalongathon - Creeping Vine completed
« Reply #102 on: March 21, 2019, 21:14:49 PM »
I said I didn't mind saving you from learning by your own mistakes.  Here are four more:
1.  Do not cut out when your head is full of cotton wool.
2.  If you are too tired to stand, do not cut out sitting down when you can't keep the blade close to the ruler.
3.  If the pieces do not fit any which way, check that you have not sewn the last piece on 90 degrees out.
4.  Do not try to take pictures with an empty battery.
 Picture will follow, but the eagle eyed will then notice that my leaves do not have nice tidy points.  My excuse is that vegetation grows as it will. Also, Hawaii did not escape the freak weather we have been having and my creeping vines got knocked about a bit.
P.S. I don't care the total size is OK and it can go in.  (But will be more careful next time, Miss)

toileandtrouble

« Reply #103 on: March 21, 2019, 22:03:16 PM »
And here they are:  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Iminei

« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2019, 07:48:00 AM »
Loving the David Hockney background fabric TnT