The Sewing Place

Murder Mystery Quiltalongathon

Sandra

Re: murder mystery - seen this?
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2019, 10:47:48 AM »
Lovely!  :)

I'm awaiting a bundle of different Spraytime fabrics to arrive in the post. I've found an online shop which sells it at £3.95 per half metre...(Pinflair, if anybody's interested. It's a funny site to search on, but enter spraytime in the search box and the range should show up.)

I've bought from them before and was surprised when the fabric arrived in half metre cuts...NOT in a single piece. It didn't matter to me for that (or this) project but it's worth mentioning.

I'll see what my selection looks like and I'm hoping I'll have a few FQ's in my stash to make up the rest of it.
My background is going to be a sandy neutral colour. My first thought was for a turquoise sea blue...Hawaii  :)... but I (over)worried about the fabrics to go with it...so I've gone for the sand instead of the sea.

Sandra.
xxx 

Iminei

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2019, 11:32:21 AM »
Done and very much enjoyed the first chapter!

Now looking at the fabric requirements and January's block.

Has February been released yet?
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Sandra

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2019, 11:44:07 AM »
Pleased to see you've joined up too.  :)
The blocks are released on the second Wednesday of the month, so we should get the next block this coming Wednesday.

Sandra.
xxx

Iminei

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2019, 12:03:08 PM »
Oh Goody! Is that the cut off date to post a pic of your block too?

Sandra

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2019, 12:15:34 PM »
Yes. I think it is...before the next one's available.
Remember to allow for the time difference.

Sandra.
xxx

toileandtrouble

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2019, 12:21:04 PM »
@Sandra  I did say thank you, that was very helpful, waiting to confer... Did post about 3 hours ago but it's not there, must have forgotten to hit Post. Apologies to everyone for enabling, will probably succumb myself.
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Celia

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2019, 14:09:40 PM »
Would this be possible for a beginner, also what sort of amounts of fabric do you need

Iminei

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2019, 15:25:57 PM »
Celia, You are hardly a beginner! If you can sew I think you're good to go!

Any other takers ?????

I think there is a prize draw for everyone who posts a pic of their block (before the next months block is out) for the whole year (similar to the Darksides BOM) ... so if you were interested in that aspect, better sign up soon as the deadlines seem to be the 12th of the month.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 15:28:27 PM by Iminei »

toileandtrouble

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2019, 19:25:22 PM »
3.5yds main colour, 10x .5 yards of feature and accent colours and 5 fat quarters.  Plus backing of course.  Finished quilt is 60" square. 
As you can guess, I'm in too.

Iminei

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2019, 08:01:01 AM »
Shall we have a lil thread of our own then??? Or continue on here???

Im going to make the first block today (and get it posted on the facebook page ...heeheeeheee)

wrenkins

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2019, 08:47:19 AM »
Post it on here! Post it on here!!!!  0_0
I don't do Faceache and I'm nearly dead to see what it's all about. See what I did there?  :ninja:
Near dead...murder mystery... I'll get me coat.................... |O
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Sandra

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2019, 09:35:03 AM »
Shall we just continue on this thread rather than start another one?

@Iminei  You already have the fabrics, and you're ready to make your first block!?  :S

I don't know whether to admire you for having such a stash that you're able to start immediately, or to be shocked that you have so much fabric in your stash that you can put your hand on pretty much anything needed at a moments notice.  :P 0_0 ;)

Sandra.
xxx

toileandtrouble

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2019, 10:40:38 AM »
For those on the outside, the theme is Hawaii.
I am using all  sorts of offcuts of colours.  Not in FQs but bits that will add up.  COVER YOUR EYES LOWENA.
I have enough dark green for the background - not my favourite, but this will be a scrap quilt, even if it is following a design. Just off to find an excuse for the colour - will there be deep enough forest? Might just buy a little bit for the feature colours.  And black, I don't think I have black in the right sort of fabric.  Jersey and suiting not good?
Alternatively, deep coral (I'm so fashionable!) but then the colours would need to be different to contrast.
I've checked - that vegetation looks dark green to me!
@Celia there are video tutorials for quilting techniques included, and online help. You should be fine.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 10:59:50 AM by toileandtrouble »

Iminei

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2019, 11:05:01 AM »
And of course there is help from here!!

Yes I have an embarrassingly large stash;  but Im going to batik it all the way and my batik stash can be seen from space ...Oooopps!

I havent actually chosen any colours yet but I have printed out the block and colour suggestion sheets,  ...  Ive just completed last weeks temperature quilt but this will be next after something to eat!

Celia

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2019, 14:11:03 PM »
I am still sitting on the fence trying to decide, I really want to get into a bit more quilting but think I should find a way of using up the fabrics I have already bought, maybe project Linus quilt would be more appropriate to me.
@toileandtrouble  thanks for information re video and help also the fact that you are using scrap fabrics, I do have quite a lot of fat quarters just not sure they are going to be the correct colours.

Please keep posting off this thread though as I am dying to see what everyone does.