The Sewing Place

Murder Mystery Quiltalongathon

toileandtrouble

Re: Murder Mystery Quiltalongathon
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2019, 12:21:00 PM »
Everyone's colours look  lovely.  I'm changing my background, it is not the blue/grey colour my computer shows, but a dull green and I realise now, it wouldn't look very cheerful as an overall theme, so I have bought  some patterned blue that reminds me of sun on shallow sea.
Bought some of the accent colours too and ordered some from Pinflair.  @Sandra yours seem to have taken a long time to arrive, hope mine come before I need them. I know I have to redo the first blocks, since I have swapped the colours around.
My first leaf is on the fabric  and I am experimenting with the edging stitch.
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Sandra

« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2019, 15:52:50 PM »
Yes...Pinflair   -<

My order took two weeks between placing the order and it arriving. As I've mentioned, the main background colour was out of stock.  :(
And...another one of the fabrics I ordered isn't in the package...(Blueberry Spraytime)... so I've had to send them a message about it. I'm still waiting to hear what they say.

Don't want to grumble. The price is very (very!) good for the half metre, and it's not urgent for me to have the fabric, but I must admit I've felt a bit impatient waiting for it to arrive.

Sandra.
xxx

toileandtrouble

« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2019, 10:21:10 AM »
Just done my second block. Not as good as some people's but pretty pleased with it.  Got to redo the first one now I have decided to change the fabric.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Sandra

« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2019, 12:31:01 PM »
Looking good @toileandtrouble .

That's lovely background fabric...I see what you mean about the sun on the sea.

Have you done satin stitch around your leaves? It must have taken aaaages to go all round that!

Sandra.
xxx

toileandtrouble

« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2019, 12:38:23 PM »
Oh yes, ages!   It was a bit fiddly round the curves. I think that is where the puckering comes from, trying to turn it as it went. Much better to do 2/3 stitches and then turn with the needle down. You live and learn.
Has your background arrived yet? You won't be able to start at all, how frustrating.  I'm sure you'll soon catch up though, you sound very organised.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 12:41:09 PM by toileandtrouble »

Sandra

« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2019, 15:16:14 PM »
I can't see any puckering. It looks lovely.

No background yet, but it's been dispatched. It's coming from Doughty's.  :) I ordered a...couple  ;)... of other 'maybe' fabrics to try with the bundle I have so far.
Whatever the fabrics look like when they arrive, I must NOT order any more. I'll have to use what I've got.

By the time I've got these two months done, it'll nearly be time for the March block to be released.  :)

Sandra.
xxx

Iminei

« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2019, 16:27:20 PM »
You did put something behind the fabrics, interfacing, paper, kitchen towel to stabilise, didnt you?

I dont think it was included in the destructions but having appliqued extensively in the past (and used up all my medium weight interfacing with The Village) I knew I had to, I used tracing paper!

BTW, I see no puckering either!

BTWBTW ... Lovely background fabric, very David Hockney!!!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 16:29:28 PM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

toileandtrouble

« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2019, 17:05:14 PM »
Actually bonded the pieces  first, it was the edge stitching that caused a bit of a wrinkle which I think was on the small turns when I was 'helping' it a bit. I think I could do better another time, but I will attack it with the iron soon.

Sandra

« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2019, 15:23:02 PM »
Squeeeeeeeee!!!!!  0_0  0_0

Fabric's here. Need to look at it properly. I've been shuffling bits around and thinking what looks best.
Nearly ready to make a start.

Sandra.
xxx

Iminei

« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2019, 15:28:08 PM »
Pics !!!!!!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

toileandtrouble

« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2019, 22:33:53 PM »
DIL has done her first block, like her choice of colours. It will be interesting to compare the finished quilts when we are done.

Sandra

« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2019, 08:47:34 AM »
This is where I'm at....

I think I'm happy with these. The colours are brighter than they seem in the photo, and the blue fabrics are less alike in reality than they look in the picture.  :S

I'm going to leave it like this, unless we have a block which is asking for fabrics to be put together which look absolutely vile, (or completely wrong) together...then I'll re-think it as we go along.

Sandra.
xxx

toileandtrouble

« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2019, 11:16:56 AM »
I think the quilts are going to be very cheerful - we will be the only ones to realise there is a murder behind them!
Glad you will be able to get started at last.

toileandtrouble

« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2019, 12:34:37 PM »
Pinflair have sent the colours I ordered, so I'm ready to remake the first blocks with the new background. Sent in the second one but haven't got the clue back yet.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 12:37:01 PM by toileandtrouble »

Sandra

« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2019, 13:37:49 PM »
Oooh...lovely!

I've been cutting out for my two months of blocks. I've got a neat little heap of pieces for the 2 January ones, and I've got my first leaf stuck onto the 2nd block awaiting me to decide how to stitch it on...(and also making sure I'm feeling patient enough to start stitching it on.)  ><

I've also bought a little folder with slip-in pages, to hold my chapters and block instructions.  8)

Sandra.
xxx