The Sewing Place

Murder Mystery Quiltalongathon

Celia

Re: Murder Mystery Quiltalongathon
« Reply #180 on: May 13, 2019, 09:43:12 AM »
I think I am glad I didn’t try this it is far too advanced for me. I am in ore of you all and am really interested to see what it turns into.

I am still  dabbling my feet in the dark side

toileandtrouble

« Reply #181 on: May 13, 2019, 10:12:36 AM »
Honestly @Celia you would have been fine. I've not done it before, but you get step by step instructions with each part.  The only one causing problems was the templates. If you have done garment sewing you would probably have coped better than some, because you might be familiar with the way sloping pieces go together at the seam, for example, where princess seams meet. If you are used to matching sewing lines rather than edges, you would be OK. I'm glad to be learning one or two new techniques, but not sure if I would want to make another.  Like embroidery, there  is little call for it in my life!  This one will be to snuggle under when I'm watching my detective stories.
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Celia

« Reply #182 on: May 13, 2019, 11:10:28 AM »
@toileandtrouble that’s good to know. I love the idea of a quilt to snuggle under, I also love detective stories and have little use for embroidery in my life, even though I teach it.

I wish I had tried the temperature quilt, maybe next year.

Lowena

« Reply #183 on: May 13, 2019, 12:31:24 PM »
@Celia  it's not too late. I haven't started mine yet. If you go to Accuweather you can get all the temps from January 1st. I can't start mine until next month and as it runs until the end of the year, there's no hurry. Please consider joining in  <3
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Sandra

« Reply #184 on: May 13, 2019, 14:42:58 PM »
@Celia  As Lowena says, you've still got plenty of time to join in on the Temperature quilt.  :)

If you want to join in...then do it. It'd be lovely to have another one with us.

Sandra.
xxx

Celia

« Reply #185 on: May 13, 2019, 16:25:42 PM »
@Lowena and @Sandra  I am tempted by this, I have found the Accuweather site and found the numbers I need so I will meet you over on the Temperature quilt thread for some more help if you don't mind

Sandra

« Reply #186 on: May 13, 2019, 16:30:25 PM »
That's great @Celia  :) See you over there.

Sandra.
xxx

Lowena

« Reply #187 on: May 13, 2019, 16:30:32 PM »
Really pleased to have you aboard  <3
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Iminei

« Reply #188 on: May 16, 2019, 09:27:20 AM »
MAYS Bonus Clue

Some faces tell stories with significant looks
Some follow the rules and go by the book
Each with a strength and each with a con
One with a secret that must not go on

The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Puzzler

« Reply #189 on: May 16, 2019, 20:26:45 PM »
MAYS Bonus Clue

Some faces tell stories with significant looks
Some follow the rules and go by the book
Each with a strength and each with a con
One with a secret that must not go on

Oh Geez, what did I just stumble upon??  :o A witches coven? No, a murder mystery quiltalongathon. *backs towards the door before there's a lock down*

toileandtrouble

« Reply #190 on: May 24, 2019, 22:38:33 PM »
You can't leave now - you know too much   :devil:

toileandtrouble

« Reply #191 on: June 10, 2019, 09:47:45 AM »
@Sandra @Iminei June block due on Wednesday!  I think Deborah has too many irons in the fire, with her new quilt store and has forgotten all about us.  The countdown for the new block hasn't even started.  Have a good day both of you.

Iminei

« Reply #192 on: June 10, 2019, 12:48:48 PM »
Im dreading it after the last two months!  :S
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

toileandtrouble

« Reply #193 on: June 10, 2019, 13:39:33 PM »
Are there any more quilting techniques to try?  She hasn't done EPP (looked that up!) or embellishing of any kind. As someone said, the blocks don't look too good on their own.  Hopefully, when it is put together it will look like something. She did say they won't all be FPP, which is good.

toileandtrouble

« Reply #194 on: June 11, 2019, 20:40:23 PM »
Countdown started!  I was wrong, it's not Deborah's store, it is someone else. Confused by it being on the MMQ facebook page. Perhaps this is the month we can begin to guess how it all fit together.