The Sewing Place

Murder Mystery Quiltalongathon

Iminei

Re: Murder Mystery Quiltalongathon
« Reply #285 on: November 08, 2019, 07:19:29 AM »
No problem ladies, it was just a thought!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

toileandtrouble

« Reply #286 on: November 09, 2019, 11:13:07 AM »
And just found this:

What type of quilt will we be making in 2020?
Every year, the style of the Murder Mystery Quilt is slightly different.  In 2020, it's an ombre quilt, in which separate blocks intersect to create larger designs in the quilt using a gradient of color that gives movement and magic to the finished design.  We will use a combination of traditional piecing, applique and a limited amount of foundation paper piecing to sew the blocks; each month, the block style varies, so it's never too much of one thing, and you get to try new techniques as the year goes on!  The finished quilt measures 72" x 60" with optional borders.  It's just lovely, and we can't wait to sew it with you!

Join our hero, Kitty, in Ancient Egypt!
Kitty Campbell is saddled with a social media intern at a museum in Amsterdam when she gets a call from an unlikely source, with an unexpected request: look into the mysterious death of an archaeologist on the road to Cairo.  The catch? The victim died inside a cargo van, locked from the outside, and carrying ancient artifacts from the tombs of Luxor.  Kitty is drawn into a mystery fueled by a web of lies--and it's her expertise in prehistoric plants, her skills as a lockpicker, and her unique understanding of the human heart that will help her catch the killer.
Egypt, a Land of Jewels and Mystery
Kitty, an exceptional archaeologist and sometime lock picker, can never resist a puzzle.  When a body is discovered on the other side of a padlock with no explanation, it's just that obsession that allows her to see what the authorities miss to solve a mystery that deepens faster than the night falls over the pyramids.  Through the story and the quilt, you'll follow along and investigate the mystery alongside her! Experience history, wild scenic beauty, and a range of memorable characters while sewing alongside a community of smart, witty, friendly and warm quilters like you!

« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 11:15:59 AM by toileandtrouble »
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Sandra

« Reply #287 on: November 14, 2019, 19:35:38 PM »
November's block is, of course, four more FPP blocks to add to the hideous panel thing.

I've actually started to stitch these blocks together now, where I can, and I have to say they're as awful and vile as I expected they were going to be.

Daughter saw them and said...'Ugh! That's the ugliest thing I've ever seen'. And it's quite big.  ><

It's so bad, it's funny.  0_0  I won't spoil the surprise  :\  and show you how it looks yet until all of the panel is complete. It's disgusting and gaudy. The colours look vile together.

Only one month left which will be the final four blocks.

Sandra.
xxx

Lowena

« Reply #288 on: November 14, 2019, 19:38:56 PM »
Perhaps the mystery is... who will murder the organiser of the ugly quilt????? :devil:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

toileandtrouble

« Reply #289 on: November 14, 2019, 21:52:04 PM »
I'm not sewing mine together, but I have pasted the little pictures of the blocks onto one sheet and yes, that is one ugly picture. (The way the pieces link, it can't be anything else)
 Looks like it will be about 3' by 2' so I am planning something a bit nicer as a  centrepiece.  The flowers and leaves can stay!.
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Iminei

« Reply #290 on: November 15, 2019, 08:13:05 AM »
Sorry I bailed ... but it really was too 'orrible to continue; I quite liked the flowers and will fill the middle up with more of them and maybe some more applique leaves ... How about a hula dancer ???

I was so worried I wouldn't have enough of the background, so scurried around finding extra ... Ive got tons of the stuff left and I only skipped one fpp block so far ... I dont think the organiser actually knows what shes doing and the measurements are made up ..

Ooops sorry ... Rant over!

However next year I will be inviting you (all of TSP Peeps) to join me in making a beautiful design by Zelda Lawrence-Curran as a sewalong.

Sandra

« Reply #291 on: November 15, 2019, 08:20:45 AM »
These are the latest four blocks.  :\  Now pinned to join up to the others...wait 'til you see that! :S :o

And this is the latest image of what we're making...just four more blocks to go.

I can hardly contain my excitement.  :\

:x

Yes @Iminei . I'm thinking applique to replace this panel...something leafy and flowery...? I'll have to see what it all looks like when we've finished and how we're going to be advised to assemble it.

Sandra.
xxx

Iminei

« Reply #292 on: November 15, 2019, 08:25:15 AM »
 :\ :x :S :fish:

Sandra

« Reply #293 on: November 15, 2019, 08:35:10 AM »
 0_0 0_0 Do you think the best bit of our MMQ is going to be the self made up replacement central panel?  0_0 0_0

Sandra.
xxx

StitchinTime

« Reply #294 on: November 15, 2019, 09:41:59 AM »
Could you make a quilt from the rejected centre panels and put it into Festival of Quilts next year as a group quilt just see what the judges think  :devil:

Pearl

« Reply #295 on: November 15, 2019, 13:54:06 PM »
Could you make a quilt from the rejected centre panels and put it into Festival of Quilts next year as a group quilt just see what the judges think  :devil:

Or fly it outside your house to keep intruders away.

sewingj

« Reply #296 on: November 15, 2019, 14:05:43 PM »
I`m not a Darksider but even I can tell that is really bad

Sandra

« Reply #297 on: November 15, 2019, 14:07:48 PM »
My parents have just visited and I showed them the layout of the paper pieces.

Y'know how parents are (mostly) kindly when giving their opinions on such things? Mine were a bit more honest today.  0_0

Sort of...'ewwww. ' 'That's a bit strange', and, 'hmmmm....'

Sandra.
xxx

Sandra

« Reply #298 on: December 03, 2019, 07:56:44 AM »
Exciting news  :\

The final blocks have been released a bit earlier than expected. I've just printed them off. Don't know when I'll manage to make them up and assemble it all, but keep 'em peeled, so you can see what the final panel looks like. I know you're as excited as I am  >< to see it...
Just remember to wear dark sunglasses. It's gaudy.
Really gaudy.
And ugly.
And big.

It's just the final four FPP blocks this week, so no instructions on how to assemble the entire quilt top. We'll be given those next week.

Sandra.
xxx

Celia

« Reply #299 on: December 03, 2019, 12:14:44 PM »
Looking forward to seeing this