The Sewing Place

Murder Mystery Quiltalongathon

Sandra

Re: Murder Mystery Quiltalongathon
« Reply #315 on: December 05, 2019, 09:09:11 AM »
Imagine if everyone else's has turned out beautifully.  0_0 It's just mine that's this bad.
Hard to imagine. I know. It's a really ugly design.

Six of the twelve months blocks subscription were dedicated to create this thing. Twenty four separate squares in total to make it up.
To create this thing.  :S

Did you notice it's a metre wide? It's big. You can't ignore it.

Daughter asked what I was going to do with it. I think she was worried it was going to become something she'd have to see from time to time.

Sandra.
xxx 

fajita

« Reply #316 on: December 05, 2019, 09:12:49 AM »
Shame, you've missed Halloween.

Greybird

« Reply #317 on: December 05, 2019, 09:14:57 AM »
So where does the murder come in?

b15erk

« Reply #318 on: December 05, 2019, 09:19:17 AM »
Your work is beautiful as always Sandra.  Pity I can't say the same about the design.

It's pretty awful.  What are you supposed to do with it?

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Iminei

« Reply #319 on: December 05, 2019, 09:22:03 AM »
@Sandra  ... I dont think you are on the fb page but there have been lots of grumblings about this ...

how many months were spent making it, how hideous it is and how many Fuc mistakes there have been!
Yet many are raving about next years and signing up for it!!!  :o

I wont be one of them ... purely from the fucmistake point of view! Also the yardage needed ... Even if I had continued with these gawdawful blocks I would still have enough BG1 to back the thing with.

Can you send me a pic of the final size and arrangement of this please ? so I dont have yet another UFO on my hands!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Iminei

« Reply #320 on: December 05, 2019, 09:25:05 AM »

Me Miss, Please Miss, Me Miss, me ...

I the interests of a greener planet etc use it to wrap ... or even better AS ... the Christmas gift you're obliged to give to someone you really cant stand and be there when they unwrap it and watch them squirm as they try to 'compliment' you on your lovely handiwork
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Sandra

« Reply #321 on: December 05, 2019, 09:27:42 AM »
So where does the murder come in?

We're given a chapter a month of a story. The quilt's supposed to give some clues too, (I think)...but it's been lost on me.  -<

What are you supposed to do with it?

Jessie

I assume this is supposed to be the centrepiece of the quilt. For me, this is going to be folded away in a dark cupboard. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with it.

I wonder how @toileandtrouble is getting on.

@Iminei  No. I'm not on Facebook so I've missed the comments on there.
As you say, I've seen there are people very happy, delighted and thrilled to have taken part  :S on the MMQ site, and are so very, very excited to be able to sign up again for next year.

Sandra.
xxx

Ploshkin

« Reply #322 on: December 05, 2019, 09:33:34 AM »
If it was mine (so glad it's not  :) ) I would sandwich the blocks with some leftover batting and old sheet and use them for fmq practice.  Once they were fmq'd to death they would go in the bin.
Life's too short for ironing.

wrenkins

« Reply #323 on: December 05, 2019, 09:57:04 AM »
If it was mine (so glad it's not  :) ) I would sandwich the blocks with some leftover batting and old sheet and use them for fmq practice.  Once they were fmq'd to death they would go in the bin.

...to the cat or dog home. They're always looking for comfy things and it might as well be useful, if not to everyone's liking, as ornamental.  0_0
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Lowena

« Reply #324 on: December 05, 2019, 10:28:12 AM »

Me Miss, Please Miss, Me Miss, me ...

I the interests of a greener planet etc use it to wrap ... or even better AS ... the Christmas gift you're obliged to give to someone you really cant stand and be there when they unwrap it and watch them squirm as they try to 'compliment' you on your lovely handiwork

Don't you dare!!!  :S :D x
Triumph of hope over experience :D

toileandtrouble

« Reply #325 on: December 05, 2019, 11:47:12 AM »
@Sandra  Well done you!  Has it given you any clue?  Who wore the strange hat?  Now you can forget about it.  I have downloaded December but have still to tackle November, it has been a health themed month for us and DH has just had a fall, so I am on errand duty. Facebook comments seem to be on the line of 'don't be mean to Deborah'
I am brooding on ideas for a centrepiece, it certainly won't be that!  I might join up the ghastly bits and make a wrap around for my waste bin for sewing. It should remind me to look twice before I leap. 
Hope everyone on here is well. I'm not doing much but look in occasionally.
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

toileandtrouble

« Reply #326 on: December 11, 2019, 04:10:30 AM »
Next year the theme is Egypt and there are only 2 fpp months, each a 12" square.  I think she got the message!  What a pity it was not this year.
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Sandra

« Reply #327 on: December 11, 2019, 07:53:49 AM »
Yes. It's a shame we seem to have signed up to, The Year of The Ugliest Design She Could Think Of.

Should receive the final month's chapter today and the assembly instructions. I noticed your message a few posts back @Iminei  :) and I'll let you know what she's expecting us to do with it.  :S

Sandra.
xxx

Sandra

« Reply #328 on: December 12, 2019, 15:21:54 PM »
The finished quilt top is set in an oval shape...with that thing as the centrepiece. I don't mind the look of the layout although I haven't looked at my own actual blocks to see if they work nicely or not.

I've just been checking how much fabric I've got left.
And I've got loads of the stuff.
She seriously over-estimated how much to buy on several of the fabrics.  We were instructed to buy half a yard of Feature fabric 1, also half a yard of Accent fabrics 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
A fat quarter would have been plenty for me on all of these.

I've still got a huge piece of the background fabric but this is to be used in the final assembly so I don't know if this is too much or not.

Sandra.
xxx

Lowena

« Reply #329 on: March 07, 2020, 14:39:32 PM »
Did anyone ever finish this?
Triumph of hope over experience :D