The Sewing Place

Sew Today reduces frequency of publication

Francesca

Re: Sew Today reduces frequency of publication
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2019, 13:57:55 PM »
When was this supposed to be discounted from? I've just been charged £8. I thought it was reducing to £7 but I lost the letter so I'm not sure on what date it reduces.
Stash Busting 2019
Sewn: 36.4m
Traded: 45.9m
Added: 41.9m
Up/down: -45.95m

Follow me on Instagram

Greybird

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2019, 14:08:40 PM »
I haven't got my letter any more either but I thought that they were reducing the frequency but keeping the price the same? After the dreadful deterioration of the website, it was the last straw for me and   cancelled my subscription.

Francesca

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2019, 14:15:21 PM »
No I think they're reducing the cost? Their website now states that the Sew Today club is £7 per quarter.
Stash Busting 2019

Follow me on Instagram

Greybird

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2019, 14:51:32 PM »
Oh well at least that compensates to some extent.

Francesca

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2019, 14:54:48 PM »
Just heard that we will still be charged £8 until June then after that it'll be £7.

I'm still considering cancelling. I don't get enough out of the magazine and I've yet to order a pattern at discount since I've had it.
Stash Busting 2019

Follow me on Instagram

Elnnina

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2019, 15:08:23 PM »
Well I happen to have the letter from Sew Today in my hand, as I have been trying to contact them by phone unsuccessfully.

The information  you wanted was that the changes were taking effect from 1st February 2019.  Then they said that in 2019 they will publish 8 issues of Sew Today (formerly 10) beginning with the February/March issue.
This frequency more accurately reflects the timing/introduction of new designs from our six pattern brands, which are first showcased in Sew Today.

Sew Today cover price increases to £5.75, this is the first increase since 2015.

To reflect the changes in publication frequency AND cover price we are REDUCING the SEW TODAY subscription rates.
Quarterly Direct Debits will be REDUCED to £7.00 (formerly £8) in line with the timing of your individual subscription.
Annual £37.50 subscriptions already paid will be EXTENDED so that 10 issues are received, thus ensuring subscribers receive the full value of their subscription payment.

Sew Today cover dates for 2019 will be:
February/March
April
May/June
July/August
September
October
November
December/January
Subscription rates from 1 February 2019:
£34.00 one-off payment or direct debit £7.00 every three months.

They also said that you need take no action regarding the above changes, but if you have any queries do please get in touch Email Lisa: uk.eusales@cssindustries.com or call: 0344 880 1263, she will be pleased to assist you.

Well according to an even earlier letter when the changeover first happened, the phone line is manned from  9am – 1pm Monday – Friday, but despite leaving a message as they ask they do not seem to return any calls – well I haven’t had a call back yet.  Neither do I receive a newsletter – perhaps because my e-mail address changed a few years ago, but then I have never ever had an e-mail from them when they were down in Havant.

This nil response to their customers is a shame, as being a member of the Sewing Club it is quite a decent discount 40% off their patterns, especially the Vogues ones which are the most pricey.  I have even held on to the  sheet with my address on from them as this gives my sewing club number – if I hadn’t held on to this I would have been lost.  I do hope that they can soon get themselves sorted out, as I not only get patterns from them when I want to I also use the Palmer/Pletsch Perfect Pattern Paper, and have some of the Palmer/Pletsch fusible interfacings.

Gernella

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2019, 15:58:13 PM »
I shouldn't worry @Elnnina, I've had the same problem with communications and cancelled.  I also like the Palmer Pleitch interfacings and have managed to find some on Ebay although wrong colour.  It is still advertised in the magazine but nowhere on the website.

Eventually they will get the message that customers need cosseting in this day and age.
Stash extension 2019 - 23  meters
Daren't put used, too pitiful but I am keeping count

Elnnina

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2019, 10:33:02 AM »
Following on to my frustration with the Sew Direct website, I eventually used the ‘contact us’ part and I then received yesterday afternoon several e-mails from Lisa who is the person who deals with the on line pattern ordering.  She has been so helpful,  and this morning she  telephoned me and we finished off ordering the patterns I wanted.

I have been a member of the ‘sewing club’ for several years now, and have enjoyed the 40% discount on the patterns – it makes a huge difference to over the counter prices, and I was having difficulty in getting anywhere with their new system as the screen would regularly freeze.

Lisa actually confirmed that they are still having a few problems with the new set up, so perhaps those of you who are also having difficulties make contact with them via the ‘contact us’ section and hopefully Lisa will be able to sort it out for you.