The Sewing Place

Quiltfest 2019

maliw

Quiltfest 2019
« on: February 08, 2019, 20:10:09 PM »
We made it to Llangollen today in spite of the bad weather early on. There are some lovely quilts, superb work - I just wish I had the inspiration and imagination of some of the exhibitors. If you want traditional quilts then this isn't for you as all the quilts or most of them are modern designs. However down at the museum in the town the exhibits are a bit more traditional but they are all a take on Helen Howe's quilt. The instructions were serialised in The Quilter magazine and Helen's original quilt was also there.
Parking is free at the Pavilion and you can walk down into town - takes about 5 minutes. There are plenty of places to eat so if you are able to then why not pay Quitfest a visit (£2 donation).
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

StitchinTime

Re: Quiltfest 2019
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 20:34:28 PM »
Thanks for the report, @maliw. I might be tempted to go on Sunday as it is trading day. Did you notice if you are allowed to take photos of the quilts?

maliw

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 20:40:08 PM »
Yes you can take photos, I didn't sadly :( It's dearer to go in on trading day )but we enjoyed it. DH comes with me, he isn't a quilter but appreciates the work that has gone into the quilts.

StitchinTime

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 20:56:07 PM »
I’m definitely making plans for Sunday now, @maliw. I thought £1.50 extra for the trading day as quite reasonable, though it would be even better if there were a concessionary rate for non-quilting accompanying bag carriers  0_0

maliw

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 21:29:55 PM »
Enjoy.

StitchinTime

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 15:49:02 PM »
Just back from spending an enjoyable couple of hours in Llangollen. I particularly enjoyed the quilts in the museum as it was interesting to see the variations on the same set of instructions. Considering there were only half a dozen or so traders, I still managed to come back with several additions to my stash even though I only really needed a reel of dark grey thread.

maliw

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2019, 19:13:20 PM »
Just back from spending an enjoyable couple of hours in Llangollen. I particularly enjoyed the quilts in the museum as it was interesting to see the variations on the same set of instructions. Considering there were only half a dozen or so traders, I still managed to come back with several additions to my stash even though I only really needed a reel of dark grey thread.
Ha ha where have I heard that before? I'm glad you enjoyed Quiltfest, I must admit that modern quilts aren't really my thing but we called at the Pavillion on our way back to the car and had another look at some of the quilts from a distance. There was one that looked like a tunnel but close too you couldn't see the same effect - really liked that one.