The Sewing Place

SWAKOP - voting thread

Manuela

SWAKOP - voting thread
« on: December 03, 2019, 08:46:05 AM »
#1 Renita’s entry

I didn't end up getting the last two garments done, so what I showed on the rack earlier is what has made the final cut - I have just managed 4 in each group, plus the bridging garment.

I don't tend to use commercial patterns, so can't give any references.  There are some descriptions of the groups on the photos, so I won't repeat myself.

Here are the photos of several of the looks I can generate from these garments.  They are also working in well with last year's collection, so I'm super happy.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

And here is the group photo - sorry, I haven't adjusted these for colour - they are more like the colours shown above than they are here.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Looking forward to the mini SWAKOPs for next year - while I still have a lot of stash fabric to get through, these last two major collections have filled up a lot of holes in my wardrobe, so I won't have such a pressing need for so many garments in future.  Glad I pushed myself to get it done, as I have been putting a lot of pressure on last year's garments - this group is already making a big difference.

Thanks Manuela and all the crew here at The Sewing Place.  Without you guys, I'd probably not have even managed to get my sewing machine out this year.  You're an inspiring bunch.   :D

#2 SewRuthieSew’s entry

I snapped a few outfit shots today, not all of them came out and its dark now, but the ones I managed give a good idea of how it all works.

My first colourway was Sage and my second colourway was dark Purple. They do work together quite well.

Pink New Look 6735 top, with floral skirt badly creased after wearing to work all day. I added a purchased stretchy belt.

Purple Style Arc Molly top and Sage skirt based on Simplicity 8175 view B, though with the front cut on the fold, pockets omitted and elastic waistband casing instead of the shaped waistband.

Dark purple trouser suit in a stretch woven, jacket uses Wendy Ward's Kinder Cardigan and the trousers are  New Look 6216. Pink top as before.

Same top and trousers but cardigan made from a blanket, adapted from Prima Pattern from November 2010.

I switched the belt on the Kinder Cardigan to tie in with the sage trousers from New Look 6216.

Sage top and skirt worn together as a dress look with a different purchased belt. Top from New Look 6735 and skirt adapted from Simplicity K8175 view C (with pockets and waistband omitted and elastic waist added).
Below same skirt worn with pink top and purple Kinder jacket.

The photos of me wearing this Style Arc Nina were all blurry so here's the hanger shot.

Clickable photos and links to more detail on my blog
https://ruthieksews1.blogspot.com/2019/10/wearing-sage-and-purple-swakop.html

« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 04:18:06 AM by Manuela »

Manuela

Re: SWAKOP - voting thread
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2019, 11:06:39 AM »
Voting has started  :)

justpottering

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2019, 13:50:11 PM »
Fabulous ladies both are winners
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

Catllar

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2019, 14:20:44 PM »
Beautiful stuff. Voted!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Greybird

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2019, 15:18:45 PM »
How on earth are we supposed to choose between entries such as these! I have voted - with great difficulty!

Lachica

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2019, 18:01:50 PM »
Very hard to choose as they're so different. Both collections look great on you, ladies, you're very talented, imaginative & productive.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.