The Sewing Place

Stashbust in 2019

Acorn

Re: Stashbust in 2019
« Reply #105 on: July 01, 2019, 10:44:15 AM »
Ooh that's lovely - and those pintucks show up beautifully.  Now if only toiles always looked that good!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

annieeg

« Reply #106 on: July 01, 2019, 11:36:03 AM »
@b15erk
That's lovely Jessie.  Its the same blouse as @Holly Berry made isn't it - except you've made the sleeveless version.
Its certainly a very good pattern/shape and the pintucks are really attractive. :)
A

b15erk

« Reply #107 on: July 01, 2019, 11:49:45 AM »
I really like it @annieeg , and it's a very easy make.  I've started another thread, because there are a couple of minor issues, and I'm hoping someone else who has made this will be able to help.

I think I'd like to make a couple of these.  ;)

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Ann

« Reply #108 on: July 01, 2019, 21:21:15 PM »
@b15erk, I love that pattern and will have to add it to the very few patterns I buy. Thank you for showcasing it.
Stash Busting 2023
Goal: 50 metres

b15erk

« Reply #109 on: July 05, 2019, 09:06:05 AM »
My toile is finished!  And it is wearable, and it used some stash!

The pattern ran very big, and I'm going to trace off the smaller size before I make the next one, and I'll also be raising the armhole. I know I've made the alterations on the original pattern tracing, but it just feels too big all over, so I'll start with a new tracing.

It's a very easy pattern, and I finished it with snaps rather than buttons.  No particular reason, I'd been using snaps for something else, and decided they would look good on this blouse.

One glaring mistake though :|, I forgot to toptitch the button band  :|.  No idea how it happened, but I'll try to do it with the snaps on.  :S

Jessie
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 09:08:36 AM by b15erk »
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Ploshkin

« Reply #110 on: July 05, 2019, 09:46:33 AM »
This is a pattern on my list to get some time so thank you for your toile and trouble Jessie (see what I did there  :) )  It's always useful to be aware of potential problems.
I like your patterned bits, just makes it a bit different.
Life's too short for ironing.

Ann

« Reply #111 on: July 08, 2019, 11:06:53 AM »
I love your top @b15erk. I'm waiting for Butterick patterns to go on sale so I can buy it.

I bought 4 meters of fabric the other day. One piece was on sale where I got 3 meters of it for the price of 1 meter plus .5 meter for under $2.00. The other .5 meter was on sale for 50% off. That is my purchase for this month it seems unless I sew up lots this month. The large amount of fabric will be for bags and the .5 stripe is for a doll's apron.

I had a good afternoon in the sewing room and got 1 more meter sewn up. Two wall hangings for the downstairs bathroom used up .6 meter. I stretched it over painter's canvases.  It was a struggle as I really need .7 meter to do it easily.

I then sewed up placemat #4. I have 2 more to go and will do them when I have short spurts in the sewing room.

I have to say that I will be happy when the lobster fabric is gone. There is still quite a bit of the red left but the white is used up.
Stash Busting 2023

b15erk

« Reply #112 on: July 08, 2019, 11:11:05 AM »
I've brought the fabric into work for the next one - this time with sleeves.

It's an orange fabric I've had in the stash forever.  Not sure of the content, lovely and smooth but doesn't seem to crease much.

Should use up another 2mtrs or so.  ;)

Jessie
  • Ann likes this

Ann

« Reply #113 on: July 10, 2019, 07:05:17 AM »
I made another reusable bag and targeted the cowgirls. Sold it in 3 hours with little to no effort. This used up 1.7 meters of fabric. I have enough fabric to make one more bag like it and line a third one.

It feels great to get more fabric sewn up from the stash.
Stash Busting 2023

Lachica

« Reply #114 on: July 10, 2019, 07:23:54 AM »
Lovely bag @Ann  cutting on the diagonal like that is clever. Good stash bust.
  • Ann likes this
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

b15erk

« Reply #115 on: July 11, 2019, 09:26:25 AM »
Love your bag @Ann , and the fabric is beautiful.

Thinking about the next few projects now that the Orange Butterick is coming to its end.

I'm thinking of trousers, and a shirt dress for me, and I may need to make another Ringmaster coat for Theo as the first one is now tight, and mum is thinking of a Greatest Showman birthday party.

I also saw a lovely dress on a FB feed, and I would love to try to make one similar.

All will be done from stash - I can't remember when I last went to the Fabric shop!  :D

Jessie
  • Ann likes this

Ann

« Reply #116 on: July 11, 2019, 10:32:33 AM »

All will be done from stash - I can't remember when I last went to the Fabric shop!  :D

@b15erk, I was to the fabric shop yesterday. Went in with my fabric for more bags. I got pieces to make 3 bags using stash fabric and then bought fabric for 2 more. I was very careful this time to only buy what I needed for each bag with only tiny scraps left over.

The next bag is sold and I bought 1 fat quarter and .6 meter for it. The remaining fabric is from the stash (1 meter). The other 2 are the same and then I bought the fabric to make 2 more bags. After that, it's back to the stash. I need to make simple bags that I can sell/give away to use up other pieces of fabric in the stash. Overall I'm enjoying shopping in the stash.
Stash Busting 2023

Ann

« Reply #117 on: July 14, 2019, 07:01:36 AM »
Bag #1 has been shipped and while I was doing that, I shipped a parcel to DD. I had fabric I'd gotten for her. So I snuck in 5 more meters for her to use to make western shirts she sells. She wanted them and I was happy to part with them from the stash.

Bag #2 is ready for the closure and lining and then I will be making a bag for a couple of little girls who love lady bugs. Their mom has been fighting cancer for several years now, they lost their barrel horse, and life has been pretty sad for these two. I'll donate it to them and DD can put it in their parcel when she finishes making their shirts. It makes me happy to give these two girls some happiness in their lives. Fabric -- lady bugs as they love to catch them and make wishes before they release them.
Stash Busting 2023

b15erk

« Reply #118 on: July 15, 2019, 09:05:40 AM »
Done and already worn, the Orange Butterick6026.  I do like it, although I can be seen from a long way off. 

I will be making another, but not until I've finished a couple of other projects that I have in mind.

Used about a metre and a half from stash - but still not seeing a dent...  :S

Next up a pair of cut off trousers - pattern traced and cut out, but I can't find the safe place I put it in.

So, I'll move swiftly on, to yet another shirt dress.  Bale blue border lace linen (may be a mix), yet again from stash.

Love the idea of your Ladybug bags Ann - we call them Lady birds.  Do you have a picture?

Jessie

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Ann

« Reply #119 on: July 15, 2019, 11:05:47 AM »
@b15erk,  I love your shirt. I'm waiting for Butterick patterns to go on sale before I buy the pattern.

I finished bag #2 and will be able to ship it in the next couple of days. It has piping on it instead of rick-rack. I even put piping on the handles for a fun touch.

That is another 1.5 meters gone from the stash. I will start the next one in a couple of days.
Stash Busting 2023