The Sewing Place

Stashbust in 2019

Ann

Re: Stashbust in 2019
« Reply #165 on: October 03, 2019, 21:03:56 PM »
@Ellabella, so would mine. It is cotton but looks like flannel.
Stash Busting 2023
Goal: 50 metres

wrenkins

« Reply #166 on: October 04, 2019, 07:19:29 AM »
That's one classy lunch bag! Lovely.  :loveit:
  • Ann likes this
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Nevis5

« Reply #167 on: October 04, 2019, 07:37:24 AM »
That is beautiful @Ann  .   And like @Ellabella  my DH would love a shirt made from that fabric.

Ann

« Reply #168 on: October 04, 2019, 12:00:25 PM »
I also made DD a 40" square scarf yesterday. I did a rolled hem on it. I had two things to work on

• Have the variegated thread show on the right side.
  • How to keep the thin satin from sliding around.

The first one took two tries as to where the variegated thread went and a bit of testing. The second one was an AHA moment when thinking. I used strips of tear away stabilizer and it worked perfect.  Here is a picture of the edging after I was done.

It pressed well and the edge is laying flat. Glad to have that off the to-do list.
Stash Busting 2023

Ann

« Reply #169 on: October 05, 2019, 21:31:12 PM »
With the last bag fresh in my mind, I made another one today. This one goes to a friend I taught with for many years. She loves dogs and requested one with dogs on it.

No bags tomorrow. Maybe something simple that I can work on in stages. If the weather is nice, we will be outdoors doing our front platform. Too cold today as the north wind blew right into that spot.
Stash Busting 2023

Ann

« Reply #170 on: October 10, 2019, 05:05:10 AM »
This is a Bendy Bag by Lazy Girl Designs. I call it a Bentley Bag after DD's cat who looks like one of the cats on the fabric. It is a fun make that will hold is bag of treats and a toy mouse for Christmas.

I'll probably have to go and get two fat quarters to make one for the dog. His will be from the fabric from the dog bag as his breed is shown on it.
Stash Busting 2023

b15erk

« Reply #171 on: October 11, 2019, 10:51:45 AM »
Can we include knitting yarn in the Stashbust?  I've used up about 500g since having my eye operation and not being able to sew - all from stash.

Jessie
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 13:08:38 PM by b15erk »
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Ellabella

« Reply #172 on: October 11, 2019, 13:00:41 PM »
Yes Jessie, if it’s yours it’s stash.

If you’ve used it it’s stash reduction 0_0

Ann

« Reply #173 on: October 16, 2019, 10:19:34 AM »
@b15erk, I would. That's a lot of yarn to knit up.

I'm going through and knitting up my yarn stash but am not counting it. It varies as I have to buy some yarn as I test patterns for designers (doll clothes) but I am slowly starting to see a slight decrease in the yarn stash. My stash isn't huge but it is big enough to keep me entertained for a couple more years as I knit most evenings.
Stash Busting 2023

Ann

« Reply #174 on: November 03, 2019, 11:27:07 AM »
October was a busy month and I got 24.4 meters of fabric sewn.

DD's dog's bag for Christmas.

DD's bag for her horse trailer.

I'm working on cushion covers, table topper and table runner for DD right now. She sent me the fabric and I'm trying to get it done by Thursday so I can ship it. Then it's onto Christmas gifts for family who live here. pajama pants for DGS, a small bag for DDIL, grocery bag for her parents are a few items i need to make. After Christmas, I'm spending time cleaning the sewing room thoroughly.

I've also been knitting. I did a couple of 4 hats and a scarf that I sent to DD. I've knit a 5th one and am making a scarf to go with it. After that is done, I'm going to finish up 2 UFOs so I have a clean slate for January.

I'm not going get 100 meters sewn this year but I'm at almost 80 meters. Most has come from the stash.  Of what I've bought this year, most has been sewn. I'm happy about that. DD sent me a bunch of fabric so I can make piping for her. I can do that when I have limited time as it is easy to make. I will send her lots at one time (10-15 meters) as she uses them on western shirts she makes.
Stash Busting 2023

Nevis5

« Reply #175 on: November 03, 2019, 12:15:25 PM »
Gosh @Ann  you are amazing!  You put me to shame.  What a fantastic tally! Lucky family too.  The bags are lovely xx
  • Ann likes this

b15erk

« Reply #176 on: November 04, 2019, 09:42:51 AM »
Afraid I've been awol for a while with a few health problems.  I haven't managed much, but all of it has been from my stash.

The latest make has been marinading first in the stash, then the scap bag, before being made into strip blocks.  These were left unused for some time, and then I decided they would make a great quilt/playmat.

None of this quilt is planned.  The strip blocks were put together in the order which fitted the size of the block.  The borders were strips cut for another project and lay unused until this project came up.  Backing was a piece of fabric which has been languishing in the stash for rather a while (impulse buy), and the lable was just a leftover, not so pretty, block.

The binding, was a piece of fabric which I bought to dress the swinging crib we bought when my DGD was born.  It's nice to see it in a quilt for her little girl.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Ann

« Reply #177 on: November 04, 2019, 10:06:54 AM »
@b15erk, that is one fabulous quilt. I love how all the fabrics really work together. I am sure it will be well appreciated and loved.

Home decor fabric is slowly been sewn up. Two cushion covers and table topper are done. The table runner is ready to be hemmed (mitered corners) and there seems to be enough fabric left to make 2 placemats. All from 2 meters by 150 cm wide fabric and stripes too boot. When done, I'm taking a few days off from sewing as this project has used up a lot of time and I need to do a few other things around the house and we need to go for a drive to get apples.
Stash Busting 2023

Ann

« Reply #178 on: November 16, 2019, 11:33:32 AM »
I've sewn 81 meters this year and know I won't hit 100 meters. I will try for 90 meters though as I have only 4 weeks of sewing left before I start deep cleaning the sewing room.

My goal for 2020 is to sew 100 meters and not to buy very much fabric. I have been very happy sewing from the stash and giving away lots of what I make. DH has commented on how much I have sewn and was worried that I hadn't bought much fabric (enabler he is) but I told him all was well.
Stash Busting 2023

Ann

« Reply #179 on: November 17, 2019, 11:30:32 AM »
I finished the reading pillow that made me hit the 81 meter mark. It goes to the library on Tuesday for a Christmas draw.

Next up is a reusable grocery bag which I will gift to a friend. I'm thinking of embroidery on this one.
Stash Busting 2023