The Sewing Place

Stashbust in 2019

Ann

Re: Stashbust in 2019
« Reply #120 on: July 16, 2019, 10:56:49 AM »
I made 2 doll's skirts yesterday so that was .25 meter used up along with 60" of lace. Today I hope to start another bag of which I am hoping to get all the fabric out of the stash. If not, I have another bag I want to make of which I have most of the fabric here plus a piece I bought. All I can say is, it's bag day.
Stash Busting 2023
Goal: 50 metres

Ann

« Reply #121 on: July 19, 2019, 21:34:49 PM »
The next bag is done and it exceeded my expectations. I used 1.5 meters of fabric and interfacing from the stash. I had to buy .85 meters to complete the bag. Today I went shopping and found buttons to cover for the bag. Yes this crazy lady made it using fabric left over from the bag.

There are two lady bug buttons climbing up the left side of the handle on the front.

And the back strap has a lady bug button in the middle of it to help hide the stitching.

On to the next one about Wednesday. Have other sewing to do for a couple of days.
Stash Busting 2023

Tamnymore

« Reply #122 on: July 19, 2019, 21:57:04 PM »
Lovely @Ann .i want one of those!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Lachica

« Reply #123 on: July 20, 2019, 05:48:24 AM »
Lovely.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Fabric Lover

« Reply #124 on: July 20, 2019, 06:31:01 AM »
My stashbust plans for 2019 were so ambitious- it was to only buy/otherwise acquire fabric on a 3:1 ratio with sewn/given away, that is 3 metres out to 1 metre in. I was doing well with this for the first quarter of the year, mainly due to having made some curtains for which fabric was ready and waiting, 17 metres used up.

Now though, mainly due to some recent purchases, the ratio has gone way out of the window- 56 metres out to 42 metres in!
Stitching in Staffordshire with Style! (Well hopefully anyway)

Ann

« Reply #125 on: July 20, 2019, 21:13:36 PM »
@Fabric Lover, my ratio is 2m sewn to 1m in. I'm trying to use up all the fabric I bought and pair it with fabric in the stash.

I'm testing a doll pattern and making a doll's skirt. Fabric, elastic, ribbon and thread all from the stash. I couldn't have been happier to see it all come together in the sewing room. I will fool around with the scraps and see if I can make a top to go with the skirt and if I can as I have white fabric to line it with. All is good.
Stash Busting 2023

Ellabella

« Reply #126 on: July 23, 2019, 20:46:27 PM »
I am going on a trip tomorrow with my sewing group, The Shuttle at Shipley and then Bombay Stores.

My plan is to only buy for my baby GD, please help me be strong.

Ann

« Reply #127 on: July 24, 2019, 07:05:13 AM »
@Ellabella, here's hoping you will be strong. You can be strong.

The .75 meter of fabric I used to test a pattern is completely gone. The scraps fit into a ball in one hand.

I bought nothing for the dress as it was all in the stash. Right down to the thread that matched perfectly.

For the skirt and top, I bought the eyelet lace as I had none and it's hard to find in the stores here.

I'm happy that fabric is gone. I've made a total of 5 pieces for doll out of it in the past year and a bit.

Next up is another bag. Fabric is folded on the table ready to go.
Stash Busting 2023

b15erk

« Reply #128 on: July 24, 2019, 09:31:33 AM »
@Ellabella , oooh, baby shopping, that's the very worst kind of temptation.  Enjoy!

@Ann , another lovely outfit, summery yellow, mmmmmmmm

Just finished the Ottobre 05/2015 trousers, and used another 2 mtrs!  :)  Very pleased with myself as this particular fabric has been in the stash so long I don't remember where it came from! The green looks a bit washed out on the pics, but it's a proper apple green.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Ann

« Reply #129 on: July 28, 2019, 21:40:54 PM »
I'm .25 meters short of 40 meters so I'm hoping I will have a chance to get something made for the dolls tomorrow and Tuesday.

I finished another bag today and am pleased with it. The best part was the button.

I made all the piping for this bag and I enjoyed the process.

The back has a design feature to account for the horse fabric being too narrow. I sewed a narrow strip of fabric over the seam to hide it.

And the button. DD went nuts over it.

I have to say this has been fun and it's great to see a few piles shrinking in the stash.
Stash Busting 2023

b15erk

« Reply #130 on: July 29, 2019, 09:50:25 AM »
@Ann , your bag is beautiful, and I love the button.  So creative.

I've just used another couple of metres making a Verao Top.  This is a free pattern, and I used a very oddly shaped remnant which cast me 50p several years ago.  Fine cotton jersey lining was also from the stash. 

I'm really pleased with this and it made up very quickly, although I think maybe I'll add sleeves to make it suitable for work.

I'm going to go back through this thread, and count up how much I've actually used, I didn't think to keep count.  :S

On the downside, I caved in at the weekend, and bought some fleece fabric. Beautifully soft, one with red tractors on, the other more a Minky softness.  Yum, and only £3 a metre - how could I refuse it?  ;)

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Ellabella

« Reply #131 on: July 29, 2019, 13:40:58 PM »
I was very naughty in Bradford  0_0 0_0.

Two lots of fabric for GD plus some odds and sods of trimming as I have to make her look like the Staypuft man from Ghostbusters in a couple of weeks.

The trouble was I also bought some beautiful heavyweight denim for a skirt and a lovely fine grey denim which was intended for a shirt for DH but may get diverted my way. Also a remnant of georgette that will make a lovely blouse.

On the plus side this weekend I used a grand total of half a meter plus a scrap of sheeting to create this as a toile for GD.  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Ann

« Reply #132 on: July 29, 2019, 14:03:50 PM »
@Ellabella, the outfit you created for DGD is really cute. I can't wait to see what else you will make for her.

@b15erk, love your top. I use Stash Shrinker to keep track of what I use in the stash and what goes into the stash. It's a great use of Excel.
Stash Busting 2023

Ann

« Reply #133 on: July 29, 2019, 21:45:39 PM »
The last bag sold. I was suppose to sew for the dolls today but was not inspired. So, I finished up the last 2 placemats and fooled around with some scraps of fabric.

I've sewn 40.55 meters of fabric to date. 5 meters given to DD and 10-11 meters of stashed fabric sewn up in July. Hopefully August will be another productive month. 
Stash Busting 2023

KayK

« Reply #134 on: July 30, 2019, 17:56:38 PM »
I haven't got a stash to bust......I wish I did!  I'm a real tight whatnot when it comes to buying fabric........I wish I wasnt!
I have learnt by my mistakes: Sewing machines now are Bernina 720, Bernina 1008, Bernina 801 from 1981, Brother overlocker, ancient but works well