The Sewing Place

Sew Direct flash sale

Tamnymore

Sew Direct flash sale
« on: February 15, 2019, 17:33:21 PM »
Don't know if anyone has posted details elsewhere but the Sew Direct website is doing a half price sale across all pattern brands until Sunday with free postage on orders over £10. The website is grinding along VERY slowly and I got a number of errors. I also can't persuade it to go through to Paypal - just got an error code- so had to use sagepay. It's a good time to stock up if you have been waiting for a sale.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

sewingj

Re: Sew Direct flash sale
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 18:11:06 PM »
I find the new website unusable but I suppose it might be worth researching patterns elsewhere and then seeing if sewdirect has them in the sale

Tamnymore

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 18:51:51 PM »
It's struggling at the moment @sewingj with all the extra traffic. But all the brands are half price so it's worth persevering!

Efemera

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 21:20:04 PM »
It’s on a go slow...can’t download anything at the moment.

wrenkins

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2019, 07:16:27 AM »
...or go here  :)
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

sewmuchmore

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2019, 14:48:27 PM »
How b***** annoying. I have only just seen this and of course missed the deadline. BUT what is the point of signing up for email alerts when they don't bother to send you any. And I have sent them an "annoyed" email although not expecting a reply.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 14:56:06 PM by sewmuchmore »
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Tamnymore

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2019, 16:23:51 PM »
That's a shame @sewmuchmore . I do hope they respond positively.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2019, 18:39:13 PM »
They have responded, very apologetic. They acknowledge I am on the mailing list but have never been sent anything. They have asked me to email my order and they will honour the 50% off, so good news all round.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Greybird

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2019, 22:38:40 PM »
Despite being on their list for newsletters, I never actually got any. A couple of weeks ago I cancelled my subscription - and I have had two newsletters since!

Gernella

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2019, 11:03:24 AM »
Must be trying to lure you back, the same thing happened to me, nothing until this offer (after I'd cancelled the subscription in December.  I said I wouldn't buy from them again but 50% off and free postage was too good to miss.  I  had already marked two in my little note book ready to purchase so didn't need to do any looking.

I suppose I need to have a clear out of the patterns I've not used and may never use, that would make some room in the pattern drawer.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included