The Sewing Place

For Sale: Furnishing items.

toileandtrouble

For Sale: Furnishing items.
« on: February 06, 2019, 16:40:36 PM »
Not going to use these.
Quilt patterns (only 20yrs old!) £7.50 each inc p&p Intermediate one is gone, last two are Advanced.
Valance rails for soft valances, fit behind existing rails.   £7 each including p&p  Plastic strip can be bent when heated.
2 x 240cm  and 4 x 180cm
As much 1" wide curtain tape as anyone needs, 10p/metre plus postage  (will throw in 5m with each rail ) white or cream
Flanged upholstery piping. Copper, pink and navy all full cards 25m  £25 inc P&P
two tone gold and red and gold partly used, probably at least 15m of each left, will measure if anyone interested. £/m
Tasselled tiebacks, cotton one 21cm tassel length, rayon one 15cm  £2.50 per pair, plus p&p (probably £4) tissue box just for size!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 19:27:55 PM by toileandtrouble »
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

annieeg

Re: For Sale: Furnishing items.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 12:02:11 PM »
@toileandtrouble
How do the Big Block quilt patterns work (excuse my ignorance!) - are they a transfer or tracing which you transfer to the fabric block and then stitch over?
Annieeg

toileandtrouble

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 16:19:39 PM »
They are tissue paper diagrams of the blocks with instructions for precutting squares, triangles etc of fabric which you place behind the appropriate part of the paper and then stitch through. There are instructions like those in a dress pattern but you leave the tissue in place  until the whole is finished, then tear it out.  There are enough block patterns for any size up to kingsize and borders etc along with instructions for finishing off the quilt.
Odd Fellows Star is Intermediate, Carolina Lily and Feathered Star are Advanced, so if you have not done foundation piecing before, I don't know if they are suitable for you.  (Trying not to talk myself into it here)

annieeg

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 17:20:24 PM »
Thanks for your helpful reply.
TBH I've never done any of that before, but do you think the intermediate might be manageable for me?
I'm tempted to try ....  -<

toileandtrouble

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 18:06:34 PM »
I think you need to ask people on the Darkside! (If you ask there, I will give you first choice even if someone else wants it first.) Are you good at following printed instructions, very precise stitching? they do include extra practice blocks.