The Sewing Place

Skull quilt

Tallulah57

Skull quilt
« on: April 25, 2019, 16:13:51 PM »
Good afternoon Ladies.
My daughter has asked me to make a grey/white/black quilt incorporating some skull fabric.  I am, I would say an intermediate as I've made several quilts before and have obtained two different 'skull fabrics' by Michael Miller and Alexander Henry together with other grey/ white fabrics.  I am at a loss to what sort of block to use, can you lovely ladies suggest anything, I don't want anything that is too small or intricate.  Many thankies in advance.

Iminei

Re: Skull quilt
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 16:26:27 PM »
Simple squares with a square of the skull prints in the middle

Skull squares could be 5" finished, round squares could be same or 2 1/2" finished or 6 and 3 or whatever.

Theres some fab Day of the Dead skull fabrics around in brights which would stand out against B&W fabrics.

Sounds gorgeous ... Please post pics of your progress.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 17:26:04 PM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Manuela

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2019, 16:30:08 PM »

Manuela

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2019, 16:35:48 PM »

Efemera

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2019, 17:10:31 PM »
You could fussy cut the skulls and do a very simple block, just strips around the skull square.

Tallulah57

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2019, 19:31:58 PM »
Thank you all so much for your replies, Imi that fabric looks gorgeous would love that.  Manuela both your ideas look fab and I'l have a think about your idea Efemera, thank you.  Waiting on the fabric so as soon as I get a block finished I'll post a piccie xxx