The Sewing Place

The Sewing Places' Great Cushion Cover Swap the Second

Lilian

Re: The Sewing Places' Great Cushion Cover Swap the Second
« Reply #120 on: March 18, 2019, 19:36:45 PM »
Ah, @Lilian I have to pack everything away tomorrow so won't be able to sew fro a couple of months  :( so it had to be done. he Linus quilt won't be started before June  :|

Oh yes @Lowena you're moving house  :) good luck!
Willing but not always able :)

BrendaP

« Reply #121 on: March 18, 2019, 19:45:44 PM »
Mine is all packed up ready to post, but I haven't been out today so it didn't get posted!  It should go tomorrow.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Iminei

« Reply #122 on: March 19, 2019, 09:11:23 AM »
and @Lilian youve had other things to think about too; now thats done .... youre all ready to go   ;)  !!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Sonatine

« Reply #123 on: March 19, 2019, 13:08:38 PM »
My final fabric arrived in the post today, I got everything ironed and ready to start, then I realised I don't have a cutting mat here.

:S

I promise I'll manage to start this eventually...

Lilian

« Reply #124 on: March 19, 2019, 13:42:45 PM »
@Iminei I don't believe it! I cut them wrong again  :o more fabric should arrive tomorrow. I have most of it done, just waiting on delivery lol.  :vintage:

Lilian

« Reply #125 on: March 19, 2019, 17:48:54 PM »
Just a quick qustion. Are we all going to post the covers on a set date?  :vintage:

Lowena

« Reply #126 on: March 19, 2019, 18:27:55 PM »
Hope not @Lilian because I posted mine today  0_0
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Lilian

« Reply #127 on: March 19, 2019, 18:32:49 PM »
Hope not @Lilian because I posted mine today  0_0

Oh, I thought if we see when someone has posted and then we get one in the post, the secret is out. I know we will divulge at some point though  :ninja:  :)

BrendaP

« Reply #128 on: March 19, 2019, 20:57:02 PM »
Mine went out today too!
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

wrenkins

« Reply #129 on: March 20, 2019, 07:39:48 AM »
I've gone all off piste!!!!!!
I was working merrily from stash and it was going well but most of my stash pieces are small and I needed a bigger piece for the back. Preferably one without little shapes cut out of it.  :S
Off I went to look and picked some. That was easy. Fits in with my background...perfick!
But wait!
Surely if I was going to do that then some should appear on the front to tie it all in. The front is now complete!!! What to do?!?!?!?! -<
I ordered something!
Let's just say that it will either be a hit or a miss! I can't see any middle ground with this. I'm going to back it in Marmite!!!!  :o
It hasn't arrived yet and when it does I might hate it and go back to plan No 936 but at the moment we're going off piste and far into the woods!!!!  0_0

Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Iminei

« Reply #130 on: March 20, 2019, 08:17:16 AM »
Piece the backing @wrenkins  ...not itty bitty lil pieces just strips?

These cushions will be winging their way to my lucky, lucky swappee shortly ..only kidding   0_0  ,
they were made for the lil boy I looked after who adored Dora ....

But I hadn't enough for the backing in the light purple, so I took a colour that I thought went and pieced  the simplest envelope back!

linky1
linky2
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 08:42:10 AM by Iminei »

wrenkins

« Reply #131 on: March 20, 2019, 08:39:04 AM »
I did think about that @Iminei and I'm doing it for another project absolutely NOT because I accidentally ordered 1/4m and not a FQ. Definitely not.
I've ordered it already so we'll see what it looks like. (Might be naff)  :S
I appear to have left my comfort zone faaaaar behind!
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

wrenkins

« Reply #132 on: March 20, 2019, 10:57:54 AM »
Update!
received an email this morning saying that my 'Marmite' is out of stock (back order blah blah...) so I emailed them to cancel my order. I'm on a deadline here you know!
Phew. I can order something a bit more mainstream ordinary normal tasteful.
I then received another, slightly snippy, email telling me that it wasn't out of stock and would be dispatched today.
I sent them.

ORDER ****** - ITEM(S) OUT OF STOCK

Unfortunately, one or more items are currently out of stock. This may cause a slight delay in your delivery. Please accept our apologies and rest assured that we are working hard to rectify this.

Sorry. I assumed that this meant out of stock.

I did say thank you though.  :\ Can't stand snippy bu$$ers!

Iminei

« Reply #133 on: March 20, 2019, 15:39:29 PM »
I'm done!!!!!   :D   :D    :D

and to be honest I loove it ... I'll have to keep the resolve to get it packed and to the P.O !

Seriously tho' I do hope Low the recipient likes it as much as I do ... and the green backing was a master stroke after I ran out of the background colour!

Spoiler: show
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 15:43:02 PM by Iminei »

Lowena

« Reply #134 on: March 20, 2019, 15:58:18 PM »
 :S :o :S :o
Triumph of hope over experience :D