The Sewing Place

The Sewing Places' Great Cushion Cover Swap the Second

wrenkins

Re: The Sewing Places' Great Cushion Cover Swap the Second
« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2019, 09:15:49 AM »
Well it's all going terribly well here.
I veh veh carefully did all my calculations  8) (I'm a scientist you know) then I did them all again then I did some hard sums and some adding and subtracting and then set about making my HST squares.
Lovely!
I took my ruler and my rotary cutter and I removed a scant quarter off every single side of every single %^&^% square! I'm just glad I'm not in charge of anything important!  :[ Oh wait.....  :S
Now they look lovely anyway....though smaller.  ;)
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Iminei

« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2019, 09:44:21 AM »
and if you had never told us ... no one would ever know!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

wrenkins

« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2019, 10:00:47 AM »
and if you had never told us ... no one would ever know!
...but where's the fun in that?  :o
A wise young man once told me 'if you're not prepared to make a fool of yourself, you'll never do anything' and he was right!
I have taken that thought with me through every thing I've ever done/learned flinging myself with gay abandon into ice skating, skiing, snowboarding (black art), wind surfing etc etc...all things you can't practise in front of the mirror in your bedroom!  0_0
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Lilian

« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2019, 20:39:55 PM »
Well I have decided on the pattern and have made a dummy run to be sure I can do it, cos I never done this technique before :ninja:.  Will be checking my stash for suitable fabric and going shopping for fabric :) :) :):vintage:
Willing but not always able :)

wrenkins

« Reply #79 on: March 05, 2019, 20:50:21 PM »
Technique?!?!! Are you going fancy @Lilian:o  :[

Lilian

« Reply #80 on: March 05, 2019, 21:00:28 PM »
@wrenkins Me? fancy 0_0 lol.  I'm still quite new to P&Q. Only done very simple patterns and a few blocks. Not so fancy but hopefully it will turn out ok  :) :vintage:
Willing but not always able :)

Iminei

« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2019, 09:52:02 AM »
Simple can be just as effective as fancy ... Well I hope my swappee believes in that as I had a brainstorm yesterday and know just what Im going to make.

Now where can I get slime green/turning to puke colour for the background fabric????

wrenkins

« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2019, 09:54:34 AM »
Now where can I get slime green/turning to puke colour for the background fabric????

Probably in my stash. There is very little else in fact!  :x

BrendaP

« Reply #83 on: March 06, 2019, 16:21:06 PM »

Ah, so you've got @Lowena  as your recipient.  I do hope the main pieces are lime and viridian.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Iminei

« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2019, 09:51:36 AM »
How are we coming along with this ???? About halfway through the month now .

Lowena

« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2019, 09:57:59 AM »
I am about to start mine today  :angel: Has to be done by Sunday as that's when the sewing room / workshop will be packed up and out of bounds  :(
Triumph of hope over experience :D

wrenkins

« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2019, 10:09:47 AM »
I'm coming along splendidly but I've been thrown a slight curve ball so I'll have to juggle my time a little bit.  0_0
Could I just say that I only ever do HSTs for other people. I did them for @Cheesecake last year and I'm doing them for
Spoiler: show
haha you must be kidding
this year. What is wrong with me? They are such a faff and my new(ish) all singing all dancing machine doesn't like too many layers.  :[
.....wanders off to fashion a hump jumper from some sticky back plastic and a piece of string....

Sonatine

« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2019, 11:22:08 AM »
I'm finding this really tricky. I know what I want to do but I can't find fabric anywhere! I don't do much P+Q so buying in metres doesn't seem sensible, but nowhere round here seems to sell fat quarters. I don't trust my eye for colour enough to buy online without being able to see the fabrics next to each other in person first. My stash is split over two houses so I'm hoping I find something suitable in my other stash this weekend, if not it'll have to be online and hoping for the best.

Iminei

« Reply #88 on: March 14, 2019, 11:32:56 AM »
Are you looking for prints, patterns or blenders? @Sonatine

Is it a colour thing you are worried about?

wrenkins

« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2019, 13:53:40 PM »
OOoooo @Sonatine here we go. You have stepped off the edge and fallen into the black hole that is stashville.  0_0

What do you need and we'll send it off to "a middle man" to forward to you?  0_0

Don't fret too much about it. I'm a bit concerned about my colours but it's all a bit of a punt. And anyway...we can always redecorate to match!  0_0

Greens anyone?!?!?!?  :x