The Sewing Places' Great Cushion Cover Swap the Second

fajita

Re: The Sewing Places' Great Cushion Cover Swap the Second
« Reply #105 on: March 17, 2019, 00:17:27 AM »
...proCrafternation....

Iminei

« Reply #106 on: March 17, 2019, 09:30:44 AM »
@Sonatine   Doughtys have an incredible customer service team ... or the Marvellous Mail Order Maidens as I call them.

Mickey help identify the closest matching batik to a load of yardage I bought, (it must have been at least 3 years ago if not 4, and you know how batik batch dyes change) for the Murder, Mystery Quiltalongathon Im doing .... waited until a new batch was in to get the best possible match and remembered to call me after it came in . Upshot was the original two cut pieces (as its for separate blocks it doesnt matter) were the best fit ... she called at lunchtime and the goodies were on my door the next morning... you wont be waiting long!

Here the new fabric in the middle of the existing batch made into blocks ... Spot the difference???

linky
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Lowena

« Reply #107 on: March 17, 2019, 10:03:13 AM »
@Sonatine I both agree and disagree with my friend @Iminei
Doughty's are brilliant and their customer service is second to none  :)
Sometimes their orders take ages ( well, several days ) to arrive  :( They always take at least 3 or 4 days  and when one is used to Amazon Prime, that's a long time  :(
I haven't started my cushion but it's only the middle of the month  :P
Triumph of hope over experience :D

wrenkins

« Reply #108 on: March 17, 2019, 12:45:34 PM »
I finished my 'top' yesterday and I'm mostly pleased with it. I have lost a couple of tiny points in the making up but considering I pushed myself well out of my comfort zone, it's not too bad.  :[ The self imposed pressure is because it's for someone else. I don't want them to open it and be disappointed.  :\
Next comes the quilting. Oh dear! Keep It Simple methinks.  :) I don't know why I do this to myself. Yes I do. It makes me do hard stuff that I wouldn't normally try.
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Lilian

« Reply #109 on: March 17, 2019, 15:34:21 PM »
I finished my 'top' yesterday and I'm mostly pleased with it. I have lost a couple of tiny points in the making up but considering I pushed myself well out of my comfort zone, it's not too bad.  :[ The self imposed pressure is because it's for someone else. I don't want them to open it and be disappointed.  :\
Next comes the quilting. Oh dear! Keep It Simple methinks.  :) I don't know why I do this to myself. Yes I do. It makes me do hard stuff that I wouldn't normally try.

I am the same @wrenkins because it's for someone else I want it to be a good a possible.   :)
Willing but not always able :)

Iminei

« Reply #110 on: March 17, 2019, 17:24:04 PM »
Keep it Simple is excellent advice ... nothing wrong with parallel lines or cross hatching or dot to dot quilting either!

Trace the design on your cover and see what your fingers tell you x

wrenkins

« Reply #111 on: March 17, 2019, 17:41:31 PM »
Oh @Iminei I do love your faith and positivity.  0_0 My fingers tell me nothing and 'stitching in the ditch' would be akin to FMQ with the side steps and detours.  0_0
I'll put the wadding on and see what suggests itself...if anything. It'll probably be stitching 'over a bit' because I'm vaguely following a picture in a magazine and that's what they did.
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Iminei

« Reply #112 on: March 17, 2019, 21:38:00 PM »
I think theres nothing at all wrong with stitching  walking foots width away from any seam line ... whats not to like ???

Ellabella

« Reply #113 on: March 17, 2019, 23:35:56 PM »
What Imi says!

Sakar

« Reply #114 on: March 18, 2019, 12:11:39 PM »
That's it!! I do most of my quilting like this :)

wrenkins

« Reply #115 on: March 18, 2019, 13:09:22 PM »
It's done! For better or worse.
All I have to do now is make it into a cushion cover! Sounds a bit like dressmaking to me.  :S
Sits down to do more thinking...  :drink:

Iminei

« Reply #116 on: March 18, 2019, 17:02:16 PM »
I've made my panel and am currently quilting it and having an absolute ball!!!
Making it into the cushion could be challenging but we'll see.

Lowena

« Reply #117 on: March 18, 2019, 18:19:24 PM »
Mine has been packed and will be posted in the morning  :angel:

Lilian

« Reply #118 on: March 18, 2019, 18:24:33 PM »
Mine has been packed and will be posted in the morning  :angel:

Wow @Lowena youre on the ball, mine isn't near finished yet  :ninja: :vintage:
Willing but not always able :)

Lowena

« Reply #119 on: March 18, 2019, 18:43:20 PM »
Ah, @Lilian I have to pack everything away tomorrow so won't be able to sew fro a couple of months  :( so it had to be done. he Linus quilt won't be started before June  :|