The Sewing Place

The Sewing Places' Great Cushion Cover Swap the Second

BrendaP

Re: The Sewing Places' Great Cushion Cover Swap the Second
« Reply #135 on: March 20, 2019, 17:34:12 PM »
I saw Iminei's spoiler pic about half an hour ago, it's vanished now!
Methinks she sets a time limit on her piccies and after that they self-destruct.  :devil:
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

BrendaP

« Reply #136 on: March 20, 2019, 17:37:49 PM »
The postman delivered this today  0_0
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

The TR postcode together with the fact that the fleur de lis motifs are hand embroidered makes me think that the maker would really have preferred to have made it using GREEN fabrics.

Thank you
Spoiler: show
  It's lovely 0_0

Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.

Lowena

« Reply #137 on: March 20, 2019, 18:50:04 PM »
So glad it meets with your approval @BrendaP and I'm pleased you like it. Thank you for your kind words ( not the bit about  :devil:'s colour  :P )
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Lilian

« Reply #138 on: March 20, 2019, 20:31:32 PM »
I finally cut the pieces correctly at last! It should be finished in a few days, just waiting on the zip. phew!

I have been so excited to be making a cushion cover, I completely forgot I would be receiving one  :o!

It arrived today, I've been out all day and it was lying on the mat when I came in.  I am delighted with it  :), thank you!  You got my colours down to a tee and I really like the various animal patterns  :).  Photo to follow when I've put a cushion pad in it.  :vintage:

Thanks Brenda, it is gorgeous!
Willing but not always able :)

Lilian

« Reply #139 on: March 20, 2019, 21:22:49 PM »
I finally cut the pieces correctly at last! It should be finished in a few days, just waiting on the zip. phew!

I have been so excited to be making a cushion cover, I completely forgot I would be receiving one  :o!

It arrived today, I've been out all day and it was lying on the mat when I came in.  I am delighted with it  :), thank you!  You got my colours down to a tee and I really like the various animal patterns  :).  Photo to follow when I've put a cushion pad in it.  :vintage:

Thanks Brenda, it is gorgeous!

WendyW

« Reply #140 on: March 21, 2019, 01:04:42 AM »
I'm finishing the quilting on mine tonight. Should be on it's way in a couple days. It has to cross a big pond, so it needs plenty of travel time.

wrenkins

« Reply #141 on: March 21, 2019, 07:27:57 AM »
Stop stop stop!
I was well ahead of the game and now you're all sending and receiving!!!!  :o
I'm afraid piecing plans were developing in bed last night (like they do...). The Marmite will have to be carefully considered and there may be changes made.  :loveit:
I'm like you @Lilian. I'm so concerned about my cushionee that I forget there's a cushioner out there sending one to me!  0_0
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Iminei

« Reply #142 on: March 21, 2019, 08:36:43 AM »
I think its wonderful that they are starting to trickle in ...

Dont you worry @wrenkins  and @Lilian  the brief was to have POSTED your cushion by the end of the month,
theres still TEN days to go!

The Great TSP Cushion Cover Swap the Second 2019 Gallery

I wonder when Dominoes open ???
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 08:58:46 AM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

wrenkins

« Reply #143 on: March 22, 2019, 18:49:02 PM »
The Marmite's here! I hate it.  :ninja: I was hmming and hawing when I suddenly realised that it looked like an ironing board cover.  0_0

THE END.

Tomorrow there will be some quick thinking and some slow doing... 0_0
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Iminei

« Reply #144 on: March 22, 2019, 19:44:14 PM »
Lots of time Hon ... dont worry!

Lilian

« Reply #145 on: March 22, 2019, 20:25:11 PM »
Hopefully mine will de done in the next few days. Just finished quilting the front, now waiting for the zip to arrive  :) :vintage:

Iminei

« Reply #146 on: March 23, 2019, 07:56:09 AM »
The Marmite's here! I hate it.  :ninja: I was hmming and hawing when I suddenly realised that it looked like an ironing board cover.  0_0

THE END.

Good decision W ... now didn't I hear yu say sometime ago that you needed a new ironing board cover ????

wrenkins

« Reply #147 on: March 23, 2019, 08:02:50 AM »
Unfortunately not Im and anyway it would be MOST unsuitable!   :S

BrendaP

« Reply #148 on: March 23, 2019, 08:55:19 AM »
IIRC @Iminei was once planning on making a patchwork ironing board cover - until it was pointed out that all the seams in patchwork don't make for a nice smooth surface :fish:

Ellabella

« Reply #149 on: March 23, 2019, 10:51:29 AM »
WHO HOO :D :P :loveit: 0_0

Mine arrived yesterday and as soon as I started to unwrap it and saw that lovely green batik on the back I knew I’d won the lottery.

Beautiful piecing and appliqué but the quilting and machine embroidery  is inspired.

Even though the colours were picked for my sewing room I would love to keep it in the sitting room but the thought of two small boys playing around it doesn’t bear thinking about so it is safe upstairs with me.

Thank you so much Imi, it makes me smile every time I see it.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 08:24:08 AM by Iminei »