The Sewing Place

SOLD ex-Demo Pfaff Select 3.2. (with IDT) Mechnical

annieeg

SOLD ex-Demo Pfaff Select 3.2. (with IDT) Mechnical
« on: February 20, 2019, 15:42:51 PM »
I just bought this machine on e-bay for £219 and it is in excellent, ex-demo condition (like new...)  (Scroll to bottom of page on link below for all details).
I've used it and really like it but already I want a computerised Pfaff. 
I thought it was worth posting the Select on here to see if anyone's interested?
I have the packaging and it can be sent by courier, if necessary.
I'm looking for £170 plus postage.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PFAFF-SELECT-3-2-Sewing-Machine-with-IDT-inc-accessories-Used-ex-demo/223416761484?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Annieeg
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 14:58:46 PM by annieeg »

Gernella

Re: ISO Pfaff computerised machine (with IDT)
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 15:53:16 PM »
Used Passport  from Frank Nutts for £250, got IDT as well with 1year guarantee.

https://www.franknutt.co.uk/sewing-machines/used-sewing-machines/used-pfaff-passport-2-0-1

SMD have got a demo Smarter 260 but no IDT- £269.00

https://www.sewingmachines.co.uk/products/pfaff-smarter-260c-sewing-machine-ex-display/3321
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 15:59:36 PM by Gernella »
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

annieeg

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 15:58:44 PM »
@Gernella    Really helpful of you - thanks 0_0

By way of contrast,  I found a nearly-new (with 2 year guarantee) from a dealer up in Scotland (not David Drummond) who has a Pfaff Ambition 1 for £599... but do I need that level of machine, I'm asking myself. >:)

Gernella

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 16:11:11 PM »
Funnily enough @annieeg I was just looking at Pembertons in Scotland who have the Quilt Expression 4.2 at £795 but didn't know what your budget was.

If I were truly honest all I need is a machine with good buttonholes, around 12 stitches, IDT, computerised, loads of needle positions, automatic needle threader and a fabulous stitch and I would be happy.   
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 16:15:59 PM by Gernella »
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

WendyW

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 17:01:39 PM »
the Quilt Expression 4.2 at £795

I need to come to Europe next time I upgrade! That price is just under $1000 in US dollars, and hubby paid $2000 for my QE 4.2!

annieeg

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 17:09:54 PM »
@Gernella
Looking at that Pfaff passport and it seems a good buy - means I could use the Atelier in the Horn Cabinet and the Passport as a useful, lightweight.
Annieeg

Gernella

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2019, 10:22:31 AM »
Before you buy @annieeg look at the reviews.  I got a bee in my bonnet sometime last year for one of these newer Pfaffs, looked at the some of the reviews for the machine and it put me right off.  My 'little' machine is the Bernina 215, only thing I have against it is it does not have IDT and messing around with the walking foot is a bind, but I can hawk it up and downstairs without any problems. 

annieeg

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2019, 14:46:18 PM »
@Gernella
Thanks for the tip, and I'll check out the reviews as you suggest.
The 2.0 at Frank Nutt has sold so its no longer available.  I've seen a Passport 3.0 on ebay at £350 which I'm mulling over (new they sell from about £549).
Its really the IDT that attracts me, so I will stick with Pfaff but maybe keep my eye out for an older one.

Apricot

Re: FOUND Pfaff computerised machine (with IDT)
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2019, 00:44:15 AM »
I am thinking of selling my Pfaff Ambition - the pink one. I fancy changing it for the newly released model which has snips. It’s a great machine IDT makes everything easy. If you are still looking I could be tempted.
sew long and prosper

annieeg

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2019, 06:47:45 AM »
@Apricot   thanks for the message but I actually found an ex-display mechanical Pfaff Select 3.2 on ebay for a good price

The IDT is certainly a great feature. :)

Out of curiosity what price did you want for your Pfaff?

Annie

Ploshkin

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2019, 07:49:45 AM »
I fancy changing it for the newly released model which has snips.

@Apricot just my opinion but don't get too excited about the snips.  I've recently changed my Ambition for a Quilt Expression, which I love.  The snips work just fine but it leaves the cut off bobbin thread below the needle hole and when you start off again you get an untidy starting tangle on the underside.  It automatically cuts off when you do buttonholes and I had to take off the bobbin cover pull the thread out a bit and pick it up with the needle between buttonholes as I didn't want a messy bit on the back of each one.  I think it's one feature that I won't be using a lot but that is outweighed by a lot of other good stuff.
Life's too short for ironing.

Apricot

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2019, 17:57:33 PM »
OOh @Ploshkin  >:)Does it have the automatically lifting presser foot? Sighs with desire....
sew long and prosper

Apricot

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2019, 18:00:13 PM »
@annieeg To be honest I have no idea and nothing fixed in mind. I love it really. Its just fancying something else with a few extra features. I'd probably really enjoy splashing the cash about on one of the bigger and embroidery machines but its silly really. Good you have found something now and its performing. IDT is fab.
sew long and prosper

Ploshkin

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2019, 19:11:45 PM »
Yes @Apricot it does have the automatic lifting presser foot and a knee lift both of which  took a bit of getting used to but I wouldn't want to be without now.  I do a bit of quilting and the 10" harp space is brilliant.
I didn't buy it intentionally (honest) but it's being phased out and when I took my Ambition in for a repair I was offered a very good part ex plus a big discount on the Expression so ended up taking it home.
Life's too short for ironing.

Apricot

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2019, 22:08:53 PM »
 :angel: All I can say I'm pleased I am no where near your dealer. Hobkirks who are nearish don't have the newer models in thankfully. I think I'm better off getting my god daughter's cot quilt made. Its just.....machine naughtiness.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 16:16:16 PM by Iminei »
sew long and prosper