The Sewing Place

Looking for trouser pattern for 3 month old

sewingj

Looking for trouser pattern for 3 month old
« on: February 20, 2019, 21:32:13 PM »
New grandson has such long legs that they don't fit into his baby grows so simple pull-on jersey trousers would be better - and I've got various bits of left over jersey. Does anyone know of a suitable pattern? A free one would be great

Kad

Re: Looking for trouser pattern for 3 month old
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 21:47:15 PM »
I used to chop the feet off the babygro's and sew on socks, the sort that had a fold-over top. You can add about 4inches to the length by doing this.

My DD measured 24"/60cm newborn to the amazement of the midwife so this was very necessary  :D
'Jill' of many aspects of sewing, "Mistress" of few.

Bogwoppit

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 21:54:31 PM »
How about these?
Petite Pegs for Patterns for Pirates

They are free and could easily be lengthened.
Lurking in Lancashire, improving my sewing when life gives me time.

Acorn

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 22:05:40 PM »
The dress I made from the Etsy Shop Puperita was beautifully drafted.  They have a number of patterns for trousers for babies.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

WendyW

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 01:12:35 AM »
My daughter really likes this style of pants, and had me make a whole stack of them. They are on the second child now.  This site has multiple links to different similar patterns.

Maxaloones pants

b15erk

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 09:03:30 AM »
Have a look at the Small Dream Factory.  I used their shirt pattern for Theo (18months), and I've used some of their patterns for Lilya (5 years).

Ottobre magazine is also excellent for childrens clothes - unfortunately not free!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Puzzler

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2019, 07:01:35 AM »
I discovered this pattern company from The Foldline website. Thought they had some cute stuff at reasonably prices. However you would get more bank for your buck with Ottobre.

I love the little haram pants and this company makes premie patterns for those who need them. I don’t yet have a call for baby clothes. My adult DDs aren’t going to bring me grandchildren any time soon. I can plan for the future though.  ;)

https://www.elemenopatterns.com/shop

sewingj

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2019, 08:10:44 AM »
Thanks everyone - I`m busy for the next few days but will investigate your suggestions properly next week

maliw

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2019, 18:52:06 PM »
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

sewingj

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2019, 10:45:12 AM »
@maliw   those look good - I`ll investigate properly next week

sewingj

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2019, 16:11:41 PM »
Just as an update, I`ve gone for this in the end - not free but half price at the moment and I think I`ll get quite a bit of use out of it:-

https://jaycotts.co.uk/products/s1566#.XHLBv-j7TIU