The Sewing Place

Photos

Yellowfeather

Photos
« on: February 22, 2019, 12:57:03 PM »
Thought I would post some recent costume photos.  I have had a mad couple of months to get them ready for the festival this half term, but finally got there!

Yellowfeather

Photos
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 12:59:13 PM »
These are the new squad leotards for one of the Gyms I make leotards for.

Yellowfeather

photos
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 13:00:35 PM »
Some more costumes.

Acorn

Re: Photos
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 13:06:33 PM »
(I merged the three topics into one.)
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Ploshkin

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 13:20:40 PM »
Those are all beautiful.  Takes me back to my twin sisters' dancing days.  Mum made most of their stuff but I got commandeered as well.  I never made anything as accomplished as yours.
Life's too short for ironing.

Flobear

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2019, 18:50:27 PM »
Experimenting to see if I can link a photo

Ooh, ooh, it worked.

This is Mr Bear in a costume he wore last year for about 5 minutes on stage in a 'Farndale TG' farce.
The biggest issue for me was fitting a woman-shaped pattern to a paunchy man-shaped man  ;)

eta: I notice other photos are small and click-onable. If what I have done is unsuitable, please say and I'll remove it.
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Acorn

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2019, 19:32:41 PM »
No, that's perfect.   :)  If you see what I mean....
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Flobear

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2019, 20:13:26 PM »
@Acorn I do see what you mean! I hope it wasn't too much of a shock coming upon Mr B like that <aaagh smiley>

Yellowfeather

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2019, 08:19:05 AM »
Mr Bear looks sooo happy to be wearing the costume :D  I think he looks great!  Well done for doing such a fantastic job.

Flobear

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2019, 11:52:33 AM »
Thank you @Yellowfeather. He was supposed to be a man who got roped in to help out with his wife's 'Fashion through the Ages' show and this was 'Fashion of the Future'.  I enjoyed making it - and he enjoyed sourcing all the extras!

Sewgorgeous

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2019, 22:19:12 PM »
@Yellowfeather - WOW these are fantastic, do you mind me asking how long these take to make and what you charge for them please

Yellowfeather

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2019, 13:04:09 PM »
They can take anything from  2-3 hours to 2-3 days.  I charge the customer for the hours spent and the fabric used, so it varies widely depending on difficulty and fabric choices.  The leotards are a set price, as they are squad leotards for a local gym club, and they will keep the design for at least 2 years.