The Sewing Place

Members Diaries

aprilla

Members Diaries
« on: March 10, 2019, 10:43:15 AM »
Could you give me an idea how Member Diaries should be used?

Is it a suitable place for me to keep a record of any/all sewing stuffs I've done or am interested in or might be interested in?

Should a member have only one diary or is it OK to have several?

There doesn't seem to be a native way to bookmark, keep or watch interesting posts or posts I'd like to return to when time/interest allows, I'm trying to think if this area could be useful to me for that.

Thanks

ps I'm aware of sniping, evernote etc etc... I'm wondering about using Member Diaries, ta

Acorn

Re: Members Diaries
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 10:50:08 AM »
You can use your Member Diary however you like, although generally people use them to show others what they have made/are making/ are dreaming of making.  We prefer it if each member only has one current diary, but it makes sense to start a new one at the beginning of a new year, particularly if you have used it a lot.

You can keep track of threads you are interested in by ticking the box 'Notify me of replies' in the 'Attachments and other options' section underneath the posting box.  An automated email will then be sent to you when a post is made to that thread - although unfortunately we cannot control what your email provider does with automated emails (some will block them).

Apart from that you can always bookmark any threads that are of particular interest to you.  I have a number of threads bookmarked in my browser, which I will one day tidy into their own TSP folder!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

aprilla

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 17:34:39 PM »
OK that helps, thanks :)

b15erk

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 10:24:47 AM »
aprilla, Members Diaries are a great way of tracking projects, and acting as an aide memoir as to what fabric, pattern, notions, you used for a particular project.

You can also use them as a diary, which documents your sewing in general.

It's a great resource as you can add pics too, and useful links.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.