The Sewing Place

The power of Pfaff

Sakar

Re: The power of Pfaff
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2019, 15:55:33 PM »
@annieeg  To buy a Pfaff 3.2 is never a mistake  :) , but to be nasty, what did you need it for, what do you want to sew with it? :[
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 15:58:39 PM by Sakar »

annieeg

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2019, 17:24:07 PM »
@Sakar,
I only recently discovered "IDT" so wanted a Pfaff to see what it was like, and I'd been looking for one which wasn't too expensive - hence I found this one on ebay.
Its supposedly ex-demo (still in the box) and is selling for £219, whereas brand new they sell for £539 or more (Amazon, sewing machine dealers etc).
It is a find, if its as good as it "says on the tin".

I have since got in touch with the charity TWIM who are very happy to take my two machines (see my separate post) so I've salved my conscience a bit by donating them.
(Without being too introspective, I have a tendency to be greedy so  I'm trying to take myself in hand.) :|

Sakar

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2019, 18:17:36 PM »
@annieeg oh in this case I can support you buying the Pfaff :) , because when you have sewn with an IDT once, you will never want to do anything without it  :D

annieeg

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2019, 15:59:19 PM »
I just thought I'd post an update on the Pfaff Select 3.2 which I've bought from ebay. 
It is, indeed, a very clean ex-demo in original packaging with the little bag of accessories unopened.
I used it quickly on Tuesday to sew a fine-woven polyester top which had come apart at the seam and was fraying (RTW, brand new!). 
I really do like the IDT and its so easy to use.
It really was a bargain at £219, when they sell new for £500.

However, its interesting to note that although I have only had my Atelier for a few months, I missed the scissors/on-off switch and knee lift facilities when using the Pfaff!  How lazy am I  :| :|