The Sewing Place

£1 fabric

Lilian

£1 fabric
« on: February 26, 2019, 09:46:37 AM »
From an email I found this.  For just a pound a metre even if it's not the best would be good for toile making  :)

https://poundfabrics.co.uk/collections/1-pound-fabric?page=4
Willing but not always able :)

sewingj

Re: £1 fabric
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 10:01:19 AM »
Funnily enough I bought some polyester cotton from them just last week specifically to use for toiles (I`ve run out of old sheets!).  Cost of delivery bumps up the price a bit but I`ve still ended up with 5 metres for £9.99
It`s surprisingly good quality and came very quickly

wrenkins

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 10:06:08 AM »
...oh good grief...... :(

:fabric:  :fabric:  :fabric:  :fabric:  :fabric:  :fabric:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Tamnymore

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 10:15:28 AM »
There's some temptation on that website. I'll put on a pair of mitts so I can't type and that should stop me!  :)
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

snoozi soozi

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2019, 11:49:17 AM »
@Lilian Thanks, just in time, I was about to spend squillion pounds a metre elsewhere but 8 metres plus delivery for 14 quid will do nicely  :loveit:
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

b15erk

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 12:39:44 PM »
Just tried to buy some, but the fabrics I chose were sold as minimum 3mtrs.  My stash is too big to buy so much extra fabric, even if it is very cheap so I left it.

Am I the only one?

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Lilian

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2019, 12:46:49 PM »
There's some temptation on that website. I'll put on a pair of mitts so I can't type and that should stop me!  :)

I know what you mean  :o :)
Willing but not always able :)

wrenkins

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2019, 13:00:18 PM »
My ebay basket is sitting with about four lots of polycotton for toiles and backing in it @ £4.99m.  :S No brainer I'm afraid.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 13:57:06 PM by wrenkins »
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

annieeg

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2019, 13:17:48 PM »
@b15erk  - No you are not the only one ...

I had a look and was going to buy some viscose but then I asked myself: 
  What am I going to use it for?
  Where am I going to store it?

I realised that if I spent even just half the time actually sewing, rather than surfing and buying on the net, I'd actually get to make some garments!!! :\
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 15:32:22 PM by Iminei »

Ellabella

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2019, 13:27:20 PM »
I saw that too and did wonder ;)

Acorn

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2019, 13:34:26 PM »
I have a browser add-on that deletes cookies as they are added.  At the moment I have it set up to notify me as each one is deleted.  I have never seen so many cookies (mostly third party) added by one website - and I haven't seen anything telling me that they will do so.  I think the GDPR has completely passed them by, together with all the previous versions of the legislation.   -<
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Acorn

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2019, 13:44:12 PM »
It's Forget Me Not, on Firefox.  There doesn't seem to be an option to be notified without removal - it seems that the notification is specific to the removal.

You can choose to have the cookies removed when you leave the site, or after a certain (user-defined) length of time, and you can choose to deny third party cookies but accept others.  You can also set different rules for different sites.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

sewingj

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2019, 13:50:49 PM »
I don't really know what you are talking about but you are worrying me now - especially as I have just signed up to their newsletter. Should I be worried?

Tamnymore

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2019, 13:52:08 PM »
I've just taken delivery of some bargain Harris tweed which takes up space so no more fabric shopping for a while @b15erk. Also it doesn't seem to be Harris tweed weather at the moment - even in Harris!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

wrenkins

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2019, 13:59:48 PM »
 :ninja:
Dirty wee squealer!
 0_0