The Sewing Place

Itch to Stitch Envigado vest

sewmuchmore

Itch to Stitch Envigado vest
« on: March 02, 2019, 19:00:14 PM »
Well what with one thing and another this has been a bit of a slow sew. When I saw this  pattern I immediately bought it (it was on offer at the time) as I needed a new body warmer/vest/Gillet.
On the plus side, although this is a multi sized pattern you can choose just to print the size you want and the cup size. Be sure to make a note of the pages to print so you don't end up printing them all.
On the down side I found the vest was too long and if I wanted it to sit on my bum as on the model I had to shorten it by 2 inch. This meant that I had to forgo the waist casing as there wasn't room above the pocket for it. It would have been under my bust. (I am 5' 3''). I did put a channel on the back with elastic through it to give extra shape and definition.
I also reduced the height of the collar as I do not like anything too high on my neck.
The next alteration was to miss out the storm flap as I felt it just overwhelmed the vest. I did however put a zip guard under the zipper.
As I had embroidered the back I decided to line the vest so you wouldn't see all the reverse of the embroidery.
Overall pleased with the fit but I feel it is going to be one of those garments that forever looks creased despite all the pressing it has had. The fabric is a cotton twill.
I didn't have enough poppers to put on the pockets but as they would never have been used I won't lose sleep over it.
I will make this again but do it longer and put the waist casing on I will probably choose a different fabric as well.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Bodgeitandscarper

Re: Itch to Stitch Envigado vest
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 19:19:32 PM »
Ooh, looks like you've got an embroidery machine with a nice big hoop  0_0  Looks great.

Clareew

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 19:47:38 PM »
I like what you have done with the waist, your method is much nicer than the draw string suggested.

Surest1tch

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2019, 20:25:07 PM »
Love it, that lining is awesome

Gernella

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 12:03:51 PM »
That lining is truly awesome, awesome.

Funnily enough I'm just making this pattern and have just reached the stage of the waist casing.  I've also had to nibble down as I'm 5'3.  I didn't think it was too high but there again I've only just cut it out so things might alter!  I was wondering whether to line but I don't think I could match your fabulous fabric, and certainly not the back embroidery. 

So far I've discovered I might have to add a pocket.  The fabric is twill Finnish Military winter camouflage, which I quite fancied,

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/426645764685093227/?lp=true

I wasn't paying attention to placement because the pattern is all over, but then when I machined together I've noticed I've got a blank space on the my right side top.  So it's a case of adding a pocket or grin and bear it.

Wonderful how we can pick and mix though when sewing.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

sewmuchmore

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 16:03:45 PM »
Lining was only £4.70 from here

I have some brown denim that I am thinking of making another one from, this one I think I will leave at the original length and put the waist cord in. Watch this space.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet