The Sewing Place

Summer Jacket and skirt

Flobear

Re: Summer Jacket and skirt
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2019, 11:55:22 AM »
Perfectly good question, @Silver Rose . For me it would depend on which feels more comfortable. My Pfaff and my old Bernina do buttonholes differently so it would depend which machine I was using. Generally I would want the weight of the garment on the table behind the machine.

I'm sure someone more helpful will be along soon, though!
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

toileandtrouble

« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2019, 12:23:34 PM »
If you start at the edge, all the rest of the fabric will be at the back of the machine, out of the way.  If the buttonhole has shaping, think where the rounded part should be.
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Silver Rose

« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2019, 15:09:07 PM »
What a difference the correct thickness of card makes, I've made a few more practise  buttonholes so I'm confident it will go well on the jacket. More later.
Still learning

Silver Rose

« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2019, 14:06:49 PM »
Buttonhole and button done, it went a bit bumpy but I can hand finish the dodgy bit. Getting on with the skirt now.  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
Still learning

SkoutSews

« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2019, 15:56:07 PM »
Pretty buttons  :loveit:

Silver Rose

« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2019, 07:40:44 AM »
On the last lap, the lining and hems to do today then I'm going to  cut out the pink bamboo for a skirt and thin out my wardrobe for more new clothes :)
Still learning

Silver Rose

« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2019, 15:53:13 PM »
All done and waiting for me sort out my wardrobe so there is more room.
Still learning

Silver Rose

Re: My summer jacket
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2019, 08:24:48 AM »
Just a footnote to this make, I was wearing the jacket yesterday and whilst waiting to cross the road a woman came up to me and said  "where did you get that jacket from?" I modestly said "I made it" and she said how nice it looked but thank goodness she didn't ask me to make her one, she was just disappointed that she couldn't buy it from somewhere
Amended 16th May. Apologies @snoozi soozi this should be posted under my thread Summer Jacket and Skirt.  OOPps  not paying attention. Maybe it could be moved - so sorry folks.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 08:55:02 AM by Silver Rose »
Still learning

Acorn

« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2019, 10:05:04 AM »
Well, I seem to have moved this post to the right place!  Now to go and check that it has gone from the other place...
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Silver Rose

« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2019, 10:36:50 AM »
Thanks @Acorn , had another senior moment ;)
Still learning