The Sewing Place

Abakhan warehouse clearance sale

Tamnymore

'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

maliw

Re: Abakhan warehouse clearance sale
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 11:53:41 AM »
I've just seen that in my e-mails, I have enough fabric, I have enough fabric ----------
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Didi

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 16:46:03 PM »
Had that in my email as well I have enough fabric .... ok I can squeeze a little more in . Oops

maliw

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 19:37:56 PM »
Met a friend for lunch and she had had the same e-mail and wants to go to Mostyn next week - oh no.

Vegegrow

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 19:51:46 PM »
I just spent £80 aghhhhhhhhh all curtaining fabrics .. 7 metres of dark mocha chenille to make bed valances for the new twin beds we have just bought,.... and a good few metres of the cotton panama which is the sanderson plain cotton I have used so many times before at £ 2.81 per metre its a no brainer .. we used to sell it in the fabric shop at £12.99
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

BrendaP

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 21:54:59 PM »
I have just spent my money too. :vintage:

I do not need any more fabric
repeat
I do not need any more fabric
repeat.........
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

maliw

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2017, 20:17:55 PM »
Went to Abakhan Mostyn yesterday but didn't see anything that I wanted - perhaps just as well as I didn't need anything. Coffee was good though!!!!

Vegegrow

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2017, 21:00:39 PM »
I just spent £80 aghhhhhhhhh all curtaining fabrics .. 7 metres of dark mocha chenille to make bed valances for the new twin beds we have just bought,.... and a good few metres of the cotton panama which is the sanderson plain cotton I have used so many times before at £ 2.81 per metre its a no brainer .. we used to sell it in the fabric shop at £12.99

Fabric arrived as told between 11.20 and 12.20 this am... After lunch I chopped up the chenille and dismantled the bed to fit the valance pinned and fitted.. folds at corners and middle and a flap over the under bed storage one finished and one pinned ready to stitch .. shortest time in stash ever.....
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz